Scandalous!

By mustanggt - 04/09/2018 16:00 - United States - Utica

Today, I got marked down in a performance review for not being able to keep my relationship with a coworker a permanent secret. I think if her engagement ring hadn't given it away, eventually the baby bump would've. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 880
You deserved it 431

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The policy of my company for inter-office relationships is being happy and officially congratulating people to their weddings and newborns. I prefer this to the companies you are talking about.

Wow your job sucks time to find a new one or tell your boss sorry I'm not a robot 😒

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

The policy of my company for inter-office relationships is being happy and officially congratulating people to their weddings and newborns. I prefer this to the companies you are talking about.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I have never worked in a company where "inter-office relationships" were mentioned in any policy whatsoever. What company would prevent/forbid a private part of an employees life through a policy?

I currently work in a company that doesn't allow office romance. You can be transferred to separate offices if they find out.

I’ve worked in several. And it’s because it’s more often times than not an HR issue. Hostile work environment in the event of a breakup, favoritism if one gets promoted to a management position, lewd misconduct if you catch them ******* in the storeroom (seen it). Not every policy discourages relationships entirely, but they expect you to disclose the nature of your relationship through the appropriate channels so that whatever measures that need to be taken can be done. If your company expects you to keep a relationship a secret, wearing an engagement ring and getting knocked up is a violation of the terms of their concession. Thems the breaks. It may be a shitty rule, but knowing that rule, breaking it anyway, and crying about being punished doesn’t win much sympathy.

Hey I have to side with shellzy. To each their own preference and there are companies on both sides of the conversation. Obviously op works for one where it is a policy and if he knew he can't bitch about a write up. All the same hope the wedding turns out awesome and you can tell your kid they were conceived in the storage room for kicks.

tounces7 27

Studies have shown relationships that start in the workplace generally tend to last longer on average than other relationships. So that's one reason TO bang your co-workers...

Shellzy and Joshwarrior must've hated Jim and Pam.

Jim and Pam? You mean the guy whose sole purpose was to torment the only interesting character just because he was unusual, when he wasn’t putting his best and engaged friend on the spot by telling her he loved her, knowing full well that she was in a committed relationship, and giving her the ultimatum of dumping her fiancé for him or losing him as a friend because he doesn’t “want” her friendship, crying when that doesn’t work out, and then dumping his girlfriend by abandoning her in the city with no ride home? Or the chick whose personality and acting skills are about on par with a hamper of old socks? Yeah no thank you.

Cali, I'm married and me and my wife work in the same company lol I'm only saying if you sign the papers saying you can get written up it's on you. I have worked at other companies where you aren't allowed to date and when people did bend the rules, there was always drama. My only point here is he knows the policies of where he works. :P

guyverfanboy 16

Did you not read engagement ring?

Wow your job sucks time to find a new one or tell your boss sorry I'm not a robot 😒

Some bosses will do or say anything to avoid giving a pay raise.

Is it against company policy to date coworkers? If so, I can see their point, but it still sucks. At least you didn't get fired.