Pokémon No

By Gotta Catch Them All - 08/10/2017 07:00 - Canada

Today, I was on a date with a guy from a dating app. I thought it was bad enough having to drive (he was planning to drink) and pay for dinner, but then he asked me to make a stop so he could catch a Pokémon because he didn't have that one with a hat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 297
You deserved it 707

Top comments

From the wording, it sounds like she had to pay for both dinners. Splitting the bill for a first date would be more appropriate (and equal) than sticking one person with the whole bill.

Comments

So, we can assume there will not be a second date? Look, this is what dating is for, to get to know each other. You had a bad first date. Tell the guy the truth and move on.

Yes, my boyfriend is an avid player. A few weeks ago, there was an event in the park near me to catch a legendary Pokemon. There were tons of people there.

Why not? Just because the fad died, doesn't mean people can't play it anymore.

My mother told me that her husband still plays but that he cheats.

Yep. I work at Macca's in the drive thru and I see so many kids in the cars playing Pokémon go.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

From the wording, it sounds like she had to pay for both dinners. Splitting the bill for a first date would be more appropriate (and equal) than sticking one person with the whole bill.

chessu 21

I agree. And, I think it's also because not only was she the one to pay, she also didn't get to enjoy a drink while he did, so she felt it was unfair on multiple fronts and not sharing 'the suffering'.

GumStickExtraGmail 22

no, its just that he made her pay, and they didn't even split. this isn't about "men's rights" you fucktard

How exactly did he make her pay? At this point of the date she could have come to the conclusion that it's better to pay her half and **** off. But i guess you can explain it to me, since apparently you've been there to watch the events unfold.

I'm guessing the 17 down votes and three commenters are girls.

Nope, I downvoted it too. We downvoted because people are getting tired of teenage morons whining about men being "oppressed."

Since he drank, his meal probably costed more. It's more appropriate to split the meal on the first date. Stop acting like men are oppressed. Only preteens and virgin teenagers actually think that.

You missed the point. The reason why OP submitted this FML is because (1) His share at dinner costed more since he consumed alcohol as well as food, and (2) Who drinks so much on a first date to the point where your alcohol level is over the legal limit to drive?

"That wasn't a woman?" "No, it was a bush! It had twigs and leaves, 'cause it was a bush!" "That's where that scar comes from!" "From sexing a bush!"

Wrong one... Disregard and downvote this to oblivion, please.

You should have left him to find his Pokémon and then went by yourself for a nice dinner

Sorry to burst you bubble, Misty, but Ash chose Pikachu over you!

I play Pokemon Go and I'm almost lvl 39

This is really old cus there's no event right now where Pokémon have hats

So were you expecting him to pay the full amount or did you two talk about splitting the bill?

This is why you don’t use Pokemon Go as a dating app...