#notyourmaid

By Anonymous - 17/05/2018 01:30

Today, at work, someone shat outside the bathroom door. Not outside the stall, but in the actual hallway. Guess who got fired for refusing to clean it up! I’m a cashier at a tool supply company and the only female employee. Four dudes refused before I did. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 527
You deserved it 358

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Contact the labor bored,firing you over that is a violation of your rights. that business is in a lot of trouble.technically that was a "biohazard" making it an unsafe work environment, you have the "right to refuse" unsafe work or working conditions and they cannot fire you for it.you should speak to a lawyer immediately as well. you may not get your job back, but you may end up with a few years worth of pay while your looking for a new job. They royally ****** up.

White Trash 10

They should've hired a janitor.

Comments

White Trash 10

They should've hired a janitor.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

you do realize that she has a right to refuse to clean this, right?

I don’t know why my comment was nuked or some idiot thinking I was talking about the boss. I was clearly referring the guys who refused.

Contact the labor bored,firing you over that is a violation of your rights. that business is in a lot of trouble.technically that was a "biohazard" making it an unsafe work environment, you have the "right to refuse" unsafe work or working conditions and they cannot fire you for it.you should speak to a lawyer immediately as well. you may not get your job back, but you may end up with a few years worth of pay while your looking for a new job. They royally ****** up.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

They were wrongfully terminated. who knows how long it could take them to get another job,if they are able to find one.i live in a small town where there isn't many jobs available. a sum of $75 000 could cover 3 years worth of their pay while they look for a new job, pay they would have gotten if they weren't wrongfully terminated.This person may have a family to support, they still have a place to live,bills to pay, and mouth/s to feed like the rest of us.So why shouldn't they get compensation for the amount of time they could be out of work for ?

If it's taking them 3 years to find a job, there are problems other than no jobs being available. They don't need $75,000 to find a new job. And let's bear in mind that if they'd just done their job and cleaned up the mess, they wouldn't have been fired. Yeah cleaning up shit is no fun, but if you want a position where that's not your responsibility, go to college. I'm currently paying my way through college with student loans and a full time job, and I intend to do the same thing with medical school.

blightsight 10

I'm pretty sure nurses went to college and will have to be cleaning up shit at their jobs. hell, I have a master's and I have to clean bathrooms from time to time since my employer cut the maintenance guy to help meet budget.

Doing her job probably meant staying at the cash register, not scrubbing shit off the floor.

DraftHail614 17

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
PenguinPal3017 19

... and why didn't it stick?

thehunterofprey 5

OP being a woman is important because if she wasn't, then she wouldn't be in this situation?? Source: the four dudes before her who still got their jobs

PenguinPal3017 19

It depends on their positions, etc. Saying she was fired because of her gender is crazy. She could have just been lowest on the totem pole.

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

@t_rosie she didn't tell us what the four dudes were working as tho. If they were in the same position, then yes, this is sexism. However maybe these guys were in a higher, more important position... That being said they still shouldn't have fired her.

Considering we don't know anything about the four dudes, or OP, we don't know that being a woman had anything to do with it. It's very possible that the four dudes were there for longer, or were harder to replace in the eyes of the boss. Unless/Until OP clarifies and is more specific about the situation, everyone needs to chill with their biased opinions saying that it is or isn't sexist. (Note) it's also possible OP added that she was female so that we could decide if it was sexist,

Mungolikecandy 19

You're the only one bringing this up, dude.

I wish the English language had a word that could accurately and succinctly describe the kind of situation this sounds like.

Donut_Wizard 23

Does “douchbaggery” work?

A poopy predicament? An excremental episode? A dungfilled dilemma? A fecal failure?

Nice tries, you all, but not quite. It’s just kind of shitty that our language doesn’t have a perfect word for the situation.

I like that! I think we have a winner! Let’s try... Sounds like a shitty situation! Poetry! Sheer poetry!!!

Guess no one wanted to pick up the dude doo.

Stealthninjaa 19

Better to get fired than be forced to do something way outside a cashier's appropriate job description. Jobs like that are easily replaced, you can find someplace else to work where you won't have to deal with as much crap.

Mungolikecandy 19

If four other people refused before you and were not fired you have a very good case for unfair dismissal. I understand even fire at will States (if you are in the US) have protections against being fired because of gender.

Emma Marshall 19

They can't get away with that

You got yourself into a shitty situation there..but honestly call someone they can’t fire you over something that isn’t your job to deal with. They should be firing everyone else who refused.