By Anonymous - 06/12/2013 16:13 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my girlfriend and I finally watched Toy Story 3; I ended up crying when the toys almost die. After the movie, my girlfriend broke up with me because I embarrassed her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 258
You deserved it 12 337

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Go find that girl obsessed with disney princesses who posted recently, you're a perfectly sappy match!

That was a really emotional movie, and tears do not emasculate a person.

Comments

That was a really emotional movie, and tears do not emasculate a person.

RedPillSucks 31

Does spiderman 2 count where he's dreaming of talking to his uncle count? I had one or two manly tears from that. Or seven.

Go find that girl obsessed with disney princesses who posted recently, you're a perfectly sappy match!

If she can't accept you for yourself then forget her

You really make a good point, but crying for a cartoon movie ?

People tend to get emotionally attached to characters. Toy story is been around for a decade so OP could have grown up watching them. Therefore, I can understand his reaction during that particular scene. Regardless, toy story is a really good movie that kids and adults can enjoy.

ninjuh_wingman 29

One does not simply watch Toy Story 3 and not cry.

Are you kidding me 24 that movie is super sad, maybe because I grew up with toy story but it's still ok to shed a manly tear at a good movie.

Whoa whoa whoa 24. Not a cartoon - an animation. Bambi and 101 Dalmatians are a whole different realm of manly tears.

Toy Story didn't make me cry, but Lilo and Stitch always makes me cry. Every time. Cartoon movies can really connect with people on a deeper level if you find empathy for a character or have/had similar feelings as said character. A lot of people connect with Toy Story on a very deep level because we've all experienced growing up with toys who have their own personalities, names, and stories. They may be lifeless but they were/are our friends. Then we start maturing and grow more distant from that past, but it's still a part of us even as adults. So, watching movies like Toy Story takes you back to those times and connects you to something in your past or makes you feel certain emotions that were otherwise lost along the path of life.

SuperMew 22

Wow, Poncho, that is a very beautiful comment. *Claps* I agree. Try watching Grave of the Firefly and not breaking into tears. My sister had the view that "cartoons cannot make you cry and anime is dumb." I showed her that movie and she was in tears within the first 30 minutes. Cartoons might seem harmless and for children, but they are made by adults. Many movies have some adult jokes thrown in to make sure parents don't murder themselves out of boredom. I cried during a lot of cartoon movies. I would love to have someone who is brave enough to show their real emotions. So many people try to be strong and manly and don't let their partner see them cry.

24, cartoon movies are being made to entertain adults too nowadays. The move Up made me bawl my eyes out. And I was never was a Toy Story fan, but I happened to watch the last one and the ending was actually really sad.

I agree. The only works of fiction that made me cry were anime. Just because it's animated doesn't mean it can't be emotional, or that it's only for kids.

I dont even cry for stuff like that but your girlfriend(ex) is stupid if that is why. There has to be more to it.

Or his girlfriend is a superficial, judgmental person.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
StiffPvtParts 43

I think OP is the type of guy who gives Hugs A Lot

hunts19ketchup 23

#104: Not really sure how crying during an emotional part of a movie indicates that someone gives hugs a lot.

I think 104 messed up, should have said "lots o hugs" seeing as thats the name of the purple bear

So what if he's sensitive and tears up at a movie? People are allowed to have feelings, you know.

kristabelli 19

Every guy I know cried during that movie. Your ex-GF seems insensitive and heartless OP. FYL. :(

There are plenty of girls out there who would have found that touching rather than embarrassing. Your ex-girlfriend really needs to grow up. Now you're free to find someone who already has.

Nope everyone has emotions. Any old timers out there who have "grown up" and lost their emotions?