By crazycatlady1890 - 27/08/2018 21:46

Today, my future mother-in-law sent a nasty email to my mother, an angry phone call to my fiancé, and threatened to boycott his graduation and the wedding. Why? I didn't respond immediately to her emails about card boxes for the wedding. Card boxes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 706
You deserved it 240

crazycatlady1890 tells us more.

crazycatlady1890 10

OP here... thanks for the comments! My fiancé did essentially tell her to shove it. She did apologize (after missing his masters graduation), and he still hasn’t quite forgiven her. As for what this means for the future... luckily, my fiancé is NOT a mamas boy in the least, and is happy seeing her once or twice a year. He, my mother, and I have a bet going on what sets her off next. Personally, my money is on the day she realizes we aren’t giving her grandkids.

Top comments

Just remind her it’s YOUR wedding and if need be she doesn’t need to attend. Someone tried to dictate a colour scheme of the bridesmaid dresses at my wedding. My wife and I said said no, she gave an ultimatum. We told her not to come. You do not have to please anyone else but you and your partner. Sure it’s nice for people to enjoy the day, but not at your expense.

what an overreaction! Now had it been polystyrene boxes, that would have been a different matter entirely!

Comments

what an overreaction! Now had it been polystyrene boxes, that would have been a different matter entirely!

Just remind her it’s YOUR wedding and if need be she doesn’t need to attend. Someone tried to dictate a colour scheme of the bridesmaid dresses at my wedding. My wife and I said said no, she gave an ultimatum. We told her not to come. You do not have to please anyone else but you and your partner. Sure it’s nice for people to enjoy the day, but not at your expense.

Mr_Mole 24

That’s why I went to Vegas and left all that nonsense behind. So simple and stress free.

DMA 11

Maybe you two can still make amends. You probably didn’t INTENTIONALLY forget to respond to the c__d b_x email (I censored the term in case reading it causes you too much pain). Boy, I still remember the first time somebody forgot to respond to ME about c__d b_xes… I spent nearly half a decade in jail for what I did to them. if anything, you got off easy.

it's just decorated cardboard box that you place cards into,then the newlyweds take home

That’s crazy! Hope her insanity isn’t hereditary.

O yaaa crazy mother inlaw what fun😒😕

What do you prefer for long-form communication? Carrier pigeon?

Whatsapp or telegram I rarely use my email nowadays.

saffy66 34

I suspect you’re going to have many more happy moments like this with your future mother in law.

Are you sure you want to marry into that.

Just put up with it for 20 years and then O.O can get revenge by putting their MIL in the worst possible nursing home.

samomaha 17

That's what my husband and I have planned!

My sister's mil was like that. If it were me, and my fiance were unwilling to set boundaries and go low/no contact as consequence, I'd rethink the marriage. You shouldn't have to spend the rest of your life enduring a ****.