By purplepixie23 - 22/09/2018 14:00

Today, it's -5°C outside and snowing and it's only September. If that wasn’t bad enough, we aren't allowed to have the heat on at work due to a menopausal monster who loses her shit and throws things if we turn it on. I can't feel my toes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 254
You deserved it 231

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How do her needs outweigh the needs of the rest of the office?! Turn the heat on and the bitch can get an icepack or something.

Comments

How do her needs outweigh the needs of the rest of the office?! Turn the heat on and the bitch can get an icepack or something.

Exactly my thought at first but I wondered if the monster was the boss/manager? Might be the reason why everyone listens to her...

Even then, she can't force everyone to work in unhealthy conditions. If it's the boss, manager or something of that kind and talking to them doesn't help, they should turn to the appropriate higher position.

I totally agree!! I'm pre-menopausal & have horrific raging hot flashes at work. But I would never make my coworkers suffer in the cold for my comfort. Thankfully I have a job where they let me run outside in the cool air when this happens.

In case you were wondering, it's probably in her pants.

It should always be 19 degrees inside. Anyone who wants it warmer or colder can either put on clothes or get an icepack or something.

blightsight 10

I'd be freezing my ass off if it was 19 inside. my office is at 75

awildwhisper 30

I'm pretty sure they meant 19 C which is like 66F.

Apart from the USA, almost nobody else uses fahrenheit.

LostInTheZone11 29

When Metric and Imperial collide.

The needs of the many outweigh the few. Sacrifice that menopausal monster to the snow demons. Seems the cold never bothered her anyway.

I generally believe in keeping shared spaces to the coolest temp preferred, and the folks who want to be warmer dress heavier or use a space heater. But this sounds a lot more extreme than the typical "15 vs 25" battle. Below freezing and no heat is nuts. And getting one's way by throwing shit? That sort of workplace behavior should not be rewarded! Get Ms Sweaty a fan or a wee A/C maybe? Ice packs? Is it the sort of job where she could telecommute? Surely there is some option that would work. The boss is a loser for not finding a reasonable solution to this.

This is work place harassment and abuse you need to report her stupid ass,have a mass walkout and see how fast her attitude changes when her boss or the owner shows up 🤔😈

At my job it was 92 outside in September and we don't have A/C. And I walk half an hour to work. My job stinks, literally.

As someone who is suffering from thyroid disease, hot flashes are real and the heat alone can make one cranky. I'm not saying she's right to do what she's doing but when it's cold, you can always put on more layers but when you're getting hot, you can't take off more than your skin. And she can't get naked at work.

While that does suck, you can put on more layers while she only has so much she can take off.