By anyoldnamewilldo - 11/12/2014 16:10 - United States - Cincinnati

Today, I wore what I thought was a hideous sweater from the thrift store for an ugly sweater contest. I've gotten more compliments on it than anything else I've ever worn. I can't even succeed at failure. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 546
You deserved it 3 900

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The best time to wear a stripped sweater is all the time...

cadillacgal79 32

Maybe they were complimenting on the ugliness?

Comments

The best time to wear a stripped sweater is all the time...

The one with the turtle neck collar, that's the kind!

Cassmoneyyy 15

*"one with a collared- turtle neck, that's the kind."

wheeeeeeen your weeeearing!!!, that one special... sweater...

#15 *"one with a collar, turtle neck, that's the kind"

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

DanShowsNoMercy 13

You have a good sense of fashion then.

nattlecakes 19

Either that, or a terrible one.

or OP doesn't realize that ugly sweaters are really popular right now...

cadillacgal79 32

Maybe they were complimenting on the ugliness?

That's what I was thinking... Were they actually complimenting how good it looked, or complimenting how good it was for ugly sweater day?

Maybe they were complimenting it out of shock. A girl in my year wore a really hideous yellow jumper, caught me staring and out of shock I blurted "I like your jumper!" She got so many compliments on it when really it was the ugliest ******* sweater anyone had ever seen.

no mah. We r nt going to a thrift shop. calm your panties

I'm gonna pop some tags only got 20$ in my pocket......

Everytime I wear something from a thrift store (skirt in my pic) I get lots of compliments. It's ok that you may have failed at getting the perfect ugly sweater but at least you looked great.

... am I the only one getting the sense that you're kinda fishing for compliments..?

Hunny, you're not wearing a skirt. Did you mean shirt?

#37 look closer at her picture. she is wearing a skirt. she is just wearing stockings with it that are quite a dark black as well. zooming in does wonders. (:

I hope so because I wasn't. That pic is what I've had up since creating this account and it just so happens that the skirt was from a thrift store!

Get your ******* eyes checked because it is a skirt!

To be fair, it IS a skirt, but it's ridiculously hard to tell even if you're zoomed in because the skirt is the same colour as the leggings/tights.

cjwayy 22

It's FML. You can say "*******".

tony1891 22

you cant say **** on fuckmylife. **** fuckity **** ****!!

maybe they weren't being serious and they were just trying to make you feel better. haha!

Sounds like maybe a new addition to the wardrobe??