By Anonymous - 29/05/2018 02:33

Today, I got rear-ended on my way home from the pet store, causing my pet food to open up and go flying all over the floor of my car. My pet is a snake, and his food is live mice. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 533
You deserved it 996

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I can just picture what the mice were thinking " Holy crap, guys, we're free! Quick, somebody find the button that opens the window so we can all escape!"

julfunky 29

We’ve had our snake’s dinner escape in the car before. It wasn’t an easy task to fetch the poor guy from under the car seat. Peering under the seat and seeing his two little eyes staring back at me terrified tore me up.

Comments

Emma Marshall 19

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Not in all states/countries. Here in Australia for example I can give life fish of any kind to turtles, and all the pet stores around here sell live crickets and other bugs for reptiles.

julfunky 29

... Is that a question or a statement? As the other person already stated it depends on where you live. Side note: Many snakes will not eat dead prey, heated or not. Live is sometimes necessary.

My cousin has a pet snake and she gives it baby mice (pinkies)

I don't know why you've been downloaded... because of a typo that does not detract from your meaning? In the UK it is illegal to feed live mice to snakes. I am less clear on the US

*downvoted! Darn this no editing rule!

IrieStorm 9

Not in the US. Some snakes actually won't take frozen-thawed or even pre-killed, my ball python was like that. I was in the process of weaning her off of live rodents when my sister set her free.

I can just picture what the mice were thinking " Holy crap, guys, we're free! Quick, somebody find the button that opens the window so we can all escape!"

manb91uk 22

Well at least it wasn't the pet

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Eheath12Jheath14 8

unless they buy in bulk, like Sam's Club.

ah, the classic 'i had some experience of this at one time in my life so now I'm a super condescending self proclaimed expert on the subject', that old chestnut.

Run, Mickey! Run, Minnie! Run, Mighty! Run, Stuart! Run, Jerry!! It’s a trap! You’re all gonna die!

Are you heartless bastards rooting for the ******* snake?

Lobby_Bee 17

I'm sure glad my snake doesn't eat mice, he eats cats. lol

Tie the snake to your steering wheel and then proceed to collect the mice from your car without any fuss. You can use this idea every time this happens. You're welcome. :)

Oh man, I’ve been in this situation before. Minus being rear ended. I have two ball pythons. I had ten at one point. (Re-homed the other 8, they’re all alive and thriving). Six of them ate mice, four of them ate rats. The mice had to be in two separate boxes so they wouldn’t go insane and eat each other before I got home. And the rats all had to be in individual boxes for the same reason.

julfunky 29

We’ve had our snake’s dinner escape in the car before. It wasn’t an easy task to fetch the poor guy from under the car seat. Peering under the seat and seeing his two little eyes staring back at me terrified tore me up.

Well no shit.................................. how the **** would you feel being someones dinner...

julfunky 29

No shit no shit. You think I don’t know why a mouse hides?

Lobby_Bee 17

Poor mice, escape from a smaller cage only to find themselves in a bigger cage.

Well, some people would take that as an opportunity to have a hissy fit. That said, I'm sure the mice are okay.