By ForeverAlone - 03/02/2018 15:00

Today, I asked my crush if she wanted to see a movie with me. She said no because she already saw it. The movie is coming out next week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 820
You deserved it 381

Same thing different taste

Top comments

zeffra13 31

Depending on where you live, that can happen. In Burbank/LA area, you just have to join one of the clubs & you can be invited to see stuff before the official release at the studios or get the dvd sent to you. Sometimes there’s people at the theater/mall handing out tickets so you can be the test audience for movies before they’re quite done.

Lobby_Bee 17

Did you follow up and suggest another movie?

Comments

zeffra13 31

Depending on where you live, that can happen. In Burbank/LA area, you just have to join one of the clubs & you can be invited to see stuff before the official release at the studios or get the dvd sent to you. Sometimes there’s people at the theater/mall handing out tickets so you can be the test audience for movies before they’re quite done.

Rod Serling: “You’ve entered a dimension of rejection and loneliness. Welcome to ... The Twilight Friend Zone.” Dee-dee-dee-dee, Dee-dee-dee-dee!

Lobby_Bee 17

Did you follow up and suggest another movie?

Probably not, because he seems perfectly able to take a hint.

if that doesn't call for a shot of whiskey idk what does

WeirdUS 29

It is 2018, it's possible she managed to see it before release though I'm sure bootlegging a movie is more difficult now than it was 10-15 yrs ago or she was just trying to let you down slowly. The third possibility is the movie choice. On a side note movies in a theater aren't good first dates. You want something where you can talk and get to know the person, not sit in silence for an hour and a half. Try bowling, mini golf, bumper cars, going for a walk and something to eat.

You go out to eat or something after the movie, and having been to the movie gives you even more conversation topics.

Be grateful she didn’t accept and then bring her boyfriend along. 😂

boopingsnoot 24

That was a polite "no" dude. Maybe it's the movie, maybe it's you, but don't make a big deal out of it.

Depending on earlier experiences she (and every other woman) made it's not that easy to just say "no". Lots of men feel quite entitled and don't take "no" for an answer and sometimes it even might be dangerous to refuse.

Obviously, she was lying. Do you want to know the real reason(s) she turned you down? I doubt it. Start crushing on someone else and don’t waste any more time on this one.