By there is no hope - 25/01/2018 22:00 - Philippines - San Pedro

Today, I accompanied a friend to the hospital to visit the guy I like, who was just out of surgery and still high. When he asked who we were, my friend immediately said that I was his wife. He then started bawling, saying, "Oh God! No! What did I do to deserve this?!?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 601
You deserved it 535

Top comments

Maybe he didn't mean it because he was high. he wasn't in the right state of mind. When I got my wisdom teeth taken out I was afraid of water guns.

Comments

Maybe he didn't mean it because he was high. he wasn't in the right state of mind. When I got my wisdom teeth taken out I was afraid of water guns.

Wich I would have the stuff you had when my teeth got pulled. It would have made my day much better

That's quite a difference from the guy coming out of surgery who was so pleased that the cute woman visiting him was actually his wife.

WeirdUS 29

I wouldn't take it seriously, the guy was still high from the anesthesia or whatever they gave him. I wouldn't give up just based on that. I'm sure it's hurtful, but if you give up on a guy who just came out of surgery and know he isn't in his right mind based on 1 thing he said maybe dating isn't for you yet.

Lobby_Bee 17

He wasn't in his clear mind, why would you believe it? It's like believing what a drunk person say.

Yes, but a drunk person is still telling the truth, just the truth that they normally wouldn't say out loud. It sounds like the guy OP likes does not like her back, although I highly doubt it's to the level that the anaesthesia caused.

WeirdUS 29

Sometimes that is the case but it isn't a truth serum. I wouldn't believe someone based on high or drunk. Lots of people in both categories will say something just to say it for a reaction or will not be consciously aware. Imagine waking up foggy not thinking straight and all of a sudden someone tells you life-changing like your married and having no memory of it.

thatslifeiguess7 16

Have you been stalking him? Bring it up as a joke when hes better

I can only hope that his reaction was due to the anesthesia hangover and not horror at the thought of you being his wife. It always sucks to find out that your crush not only doesn't feel the same way but is appalled at the idea.

sounds to me like maybe in his drugged state he was freaking out about being married to anyone but not about you specifically