By brokeandalone - 08/09/2018 03:30 - Macedonia - Skopje

Today, all my money was stolen from my room during a stay abroad. I was in the room, I had just fallen asleep with my bag right next to me. When I landed back home, the airline lost my luggage. I am now penniless and don't even have a clean pair of underwear to my name. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 154
You deserved it 227

Top comments

You don't have ANYTHING back home? Like a bank account??

The money was stolen before the baggage was lost. They're two separate incidents.

Comments

So it wasn't stolen from your room, it was just lost by incompetent baggage handlers. Still sucks, but there's a chance it can be found, however slim.

The money was stolen before the baggage was lost. They're two separate incidents.

This has been edited since I commented on it. The original post made it look like one incident.

True, there is no phrasing to specify that they are different, but unless OP was in a flying room and has no idea what the word "stolen" means, I think it's pretty safe to assume that they're separate events.

You don't have ANYTHING back home? Like a bank account??

ChromoTec 24

If the airline cannot locate your luggage within 90 days, they are required to pay you a fee. I know this sounds bad, but at least you won't be broke.

He'll die if he got no money for 90 days, but luckily, he can get a job.

KaD6- That's true but he wouldn't be getting a job in a foreign country. The FML says the luggage was lost "When I landed back home," so they are in their own country.

Why in the world would you put all of your money in a checked bag???? It sucks your bag was lost but if it was everything you had, you should have had it on you.

the money was stolen before the bag was lost.

Flip your underwear inside out. That’ll give you a day to sort things out

Mungolikecandy 19

Why were you carrying all your money with you? Wouldn't it be better to have some money with you and some in the bank?

Did you have all of your belongings in your luggage? If not, then you still should have had all your other stuff that you didn’t pack when you got home. If so, WHY?