By Anonymous - 13/06/2018 12:00 - United States - Bethany

Today, I started my first overnight shift at the penitentiary. This was also the night the offenders decided to riot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 362
You deserved it 229

Same thing different taste

Top comments

saffy66 34

What sort of place do you work where they are out of cells and able to riot at night? I’ve worked in a maximum security prison for 14 years and ours are always locked in by 4pm. I’d like to hear more details.

reziprezie 5

p1:lets show this new guy some fun. p2:yeah lets p1: lets riot!

Comments

saffy66 34

What sort of place do you work where they are out of cells and able to riot at night? I’ve worked in a maximum security prison for 14 years and ours are always locked in by 4pm. I’d like to hear more details.

4pm?. seem extreme! How many hours are the people locked in cells for?

Woah. I think we'd like to hear more from YOU, saffy66. Is it anything like OITNB? interesting33, I agree that 4pm is crazy and my first thought was about how inhumane that is, but then I realized she works in MAX and it's probably all murderers and other extreme offenders. I mean that is what prison is, you lose your rights.

adelaine782002 17

I worked at Missouri state maxium security penitentiary for five years, they dont get locked up till after 8pm.

Lara Fraser 7

in Australia they're locked up at different times depending on security level, etc. mostly between 6-8 pm.

Lara Fraser 7

in Australia they're locked up at different times depending on security level, etc. mostly between 6-8 pm.

Zekfen 17

What happen? Did you drop the soap and they lost their minds? Did your milkshake bring all the boys to the yard?

Might be Time to bail out from that job.

manb91uk 22

Yeah, because you always quit the first time something gets difficult. You go into the prison service knowing riots are a possibility. You don't quit just because it happened.

Manb91 While most times it’s not wise quitting the first day of work for minor problems/inconveniences, it’s also true that some jobs have more risks than others. Statistically speaking, prison riots are more dangerous than some “regular” jobs. And prison riots happen more often than many people realize.

reziprezie 5

p1:lets show this new guy some fun. p2:yeah lets p1: lets riot!

manb91uk 22

It wasn't a riot it was just a Prison Party because you were there big guy!

Lobby_Bee 17

How thoughtful, they threw you a welcome party.

Ogden_Wurnstrum 7

Were they blasting Three Days Grace's Riot while doing it?

"fresh meat". Sounds like One flew over the cuckoo's nest.