By France Howell - 10/05/2018 15:00

Today, I rushed my wife to the ER because she was having abdominal pains. She was crying in the car and very faintly said, "If I die, our daughter goes to my sister and they get everything in my will." We later found out she was just having a bad gas problem. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 839
You deserved it 353

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"Well, that's a relief, you're going to be just fine....until we get home and we discuss your will."

The new truth serum: unreleased farts. I hear the CIA has a massive inventory of butt plugs...dunh-dunh-dunh!

Comments

Where I come from, they call that "advance warning."

"Well, that's a relief, you're going to be just fine....until we get home and we discuss your will."

CreeperReaperX 5

What was a relief? Letting all the gas out?

The new truth serum: unreleased farts. I hear the CIA has a massive inventory of butt plugs...dunh-dunh-dunh!

Simple solution to this, write her out of your will! Just give everything to when your daughter turns into an adult.

Zekfen 17

Good news for you, unless y’all had a pre-nup, and the daughter is your biological child/adopted child, her will gets ignored. By marriage everything that was hers becomes yours.

Not sure if your "By marriage" comment legally applies in wherever OP lives.

Depends on the laws where the person lives. My sister and I had to fight my aunts and uncles over my mom’s stuff because her will had been written before my sister and I were of legal age (18), and they really wanted her stuff.

Maybe there is a reason his wife said/did that? Unless the OP's wife did that for no reason/to be a bitch I would do some self reflection were I in OP's shoes.

Where I live you are legally obligated to provide for your spouse and children in your will. However, with adequate reason (e.g., I gave my child $10,000.00 in "gift money" during my life and therefore do not leave anything to them upon my death) you can leave spouse/children out. Perhaps OP has money and the wife felt it unnecessary to leave him anything. Though, OP should have been made aware of this a long time ago.

Yep totally. YDI if you're calling in sick once a week due to staying up late to play World of Warcraft or online poker, or snort coke. YDI if your temper or other flaws get in the way of a healthy relationship. Or if you have fallen for more than one Nigeria.n prince scam. Ever burgled someone you knew's house. All sorts of things. FYL and my sympathy & outrage if it's unwarranted, maybe her bond with her siblings is cultishly overboard or something. I don't imagine the marriage could survive this though, whatever the meaning is.

I would have pulled up to the ER and said "well, there you go" and stared at her while I waited for her to get out.

julfunky 29

What lawyer told her it’s possible to give her daughter away like that?

snowlep 12

In Oklahoma and plenty of other states females can just pull that because males RARELY get custody rights.

MN_girl21 7

While what she said wasn’t nice and not something to gloss over, I once had severe abdominal pain and wouldn’t let my husband take me to the ER because I thought they would tell me it was just gas or something. Ended up needing to call 911 while he was at work because I kept passing out and was shaky. Turns out I had a hemorrhaged cyst and lost 2.5 liters of blood internally. So don’t ignore abdominal pain for fear of it being gas..

manb91uk 22

Shouldn't your daughter have gone to... Her father?!? Your wife needs a lesson in how parents work