This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

Bamboozled

By idiot - 04/11/2017 06:09

Today, I fell for a website scam that offered cheap samples for anti-aging cream. Signing up for the sample automatically signs you up for a $200 monthly subscription. When I called the company, the woman on the other end started crying. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 931
You deserved it 4 191

poopoobear tells us more.

poopoobear 11

OP here. So yeah, it was a cheap sample and they said they needed my credit card information to make sure I only got one. Also, I followed a people website article that said the star of the show flip or flop worked on it. Well that turned out to be a fake version of the website, and the woman is suing the company. Anyway, I told my bank and they've settled it now. I felt bad for the woman crying, because I heard her crying to one of her coworkers that it was a terrible day and she was ready to quit. Was it worth it to have a FML published? Probably not...

Top comments

local mom discovers secret to weight loss/aging/curing cancer by combining two free products. click to read this totally legit article and completely genuine Facebook comments at the bottom..

Comments

There's a ton of companies that do that. All those "cheap" shoe, underwear, exercise clothing and regular clothing sites that have commercials all the time do this. A bunch are getting sued because they hide that it's a subscription service and make it almost impossible to get out of it. I hope you're able to end it. It happens to a lot of people.

That's how they keep you paying. You feel so bad for the crying employee, you let the company **** you over.

Ironically, I've got a Birch Box ad on my screen.

species4872 19

You know that it's only the cream that doesn't age.

local mom discovers secret to weight loss/aging/curing cancer by combining two free products. click to read this totally legit article and completely genuine Facebook comments at the bottom..

cardin06 15

They can't take your money unless you put in payment info... So... YDI

ViviMage 38

Cancel the credit card. Easy!