Today, I was home alone when I heard the carbon-monoxide detector beeping. Panicking, I grabbed my dog, ran out of my house as fast as I could, and waited outside for 3 hours for my mom to get home. Turned out the detector was just out of batteries. FML

by Anonymous / 12/11/2014 at 9:04pm / United States (Virginia) / Miscellaneous

Comment this

Make sure your text complies with our rules

Top comments

  • its best to be safe than sorry

    #1 - On 12/12/2014 at 11:57am by demi94

    See in context

  • For me, I'm the exact opposite. If my detector starts beeping, I'll replace the batteries first before doing anything else. That might be the death of me one day.
    I also bought detectors that say "Fire" or "carbon monoxide" instead of just beeping, so I actually know when the detector's actually trying to save my life.

    #4 - On 12/12/2014 at 11:58am by tigerisabelle

    See in context

Comments

    Loading...