This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By SeagullGirl - 26/08/2018 16:30 - United States - Pomona

Today, my boyfriend and I lost our virginity to each other. The pain was excruciatingly unbearable, so I went to the doctor and found out I had a severe yeast infection. No one had ever told me not to use soap to clean down there. I'm 22. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 508
You deserved it 924

Top comments

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that either and I'm also 22. I also recently found out girls get 'smegma'. My mum not only never told me or any of my female siblings (one is nearly 40 damnit and the other is 31 now) but doesn't believe in girls getting it.

It doesn’t always itch. Try actually educating yourself before you have the nerve to question someone else’s intelligence.

Comments

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that either and I'm also 22. I also recently found out girls get 'smegma'. My mum not only never told me or any of my female siblings (one is nearly 40 damnit and the other is 31 now) but doesn't believe in girls getting it.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I remember hearing that the ****** is one of the cleanest parts of the female body and to use as little soap down there as possible because it can cause problems.

Ironically, it's right next door to the dirtiest part of the human body.

PenguinPal3017 19

It's definitely not clean, but it is self regulating and you'll probably mess things up if you try to use anything other than water.

AdeenCuffing 12
ViviMage 38

Your ****** is like a self cleaning oven. Don't shove things inside it (other than the boyfriend, and medicines you're prescribed.) You have bacteria that make hydrogen peroxide to clean your insides for you. You also want to get some yogurt. To eat, silly! Also, if you want to give you Flagyl, it tears your stomach up for weeks and tastes terrible.

Breanna McKeil 13

Just a cloth and a bit of water will do the trick. But it will become easily agitated if scrubbed too hard. Be careful and hopefully you’re feeling better soon. :)

Celestyna 16

There are feminine washes specially for the downstairs area. They should be with the tampon section at a supermarket. :) I didn’t know the whole soap thing until I was roughly 25.

Yes, it’s specially formulated to keep the pH levels right.

I think some gynecologists say that even those special soaps can have a negative effect on more sensitive women. When in doubt, just use water!

You shouldn’t wash inside of your ****** with soap, but you should definitely wash everywhere around it, like gently washing the outside of your vaginal lips and your labia. Sorry this happened to you. Unfortunately Sex Ed in America isn’t what it needs to be

Listerinekiss 8

I was waiting for someone to say that. You can use a little soap on your labia majora and minora just rinse thoroughly. Sorry that happened to op.

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

tbf I never heard about this either. (granted I'm a guy but sex ed isn't seperated by sex in austria...)

Honestly it seems America is so behind sex ed due to rampant ignorance and all the religious extremists peddling the antiquated idea of abstinence. Instead of responsible sex.

Not insulting your intelligence, but I don't see how you never learned to wash down there. Dated a Feminist once that proudly expressed how she never washed OR shaved, didn't think it was bad till I tried going down on her.

On the plus side, it will only get better.