By NotAsGoodAsATruck - 03/06/2018 14:30 - United States - Ludington

Spicy
Today, after my boyfriend had been away for months, I invited him over to have sex. He said he hurt his back too badly to do anything. Don't worry though, it doesn't hurt enough to stop him from working on his truck for several hours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 189
You deserved it 581

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ChromoTec 24

This is the first time I've heard of the "truck-zone"

azouwa 26

Just let the man zone out. Bring him his fav food and and drink and follow silent cues to stay or go back inside. He misses his truck too.

Comments

azouwa 26

Just let the man zone out. Bring him his fav food and and drink and follow silent cues to stay or go back inside. He misses his truck too.

julfunky 29

Try to interpret silent cues (because words are too difficult apparently) and bring him his favorite food because he misses his truck? Is that seriously what you just said?

supple him with ample stamina to perform the telepathic commands more suited to a dog, yeah you seem great.

Putting your needs and feelings aside to be the "cool, chill girl" is not the way to be.

kotolokacja 6

I bet he does. But if after months he misses his truck more than his girlfriend.. He doesn't care and it's time to move on. I would know, my bf after 6 weeks jumped me seconds after walking into our apartment. His friend wanted to meet his friends first, then get drunk with them for 2 days, then be too tired to meet his gf, then went on a spontaneous trip to other city. He finally visited her after another week. He was also cheating on her with 2 other girls

ChromoTec 24

This is the first time I've heard of the "truck-zone"

thehaystackerine 20

Do you get him from point A to point B? I don't thinks so.

In a matter of speaking, probably.

Ishvah 15

for all you know, he's one of those freaks who does that with his truck.

I know that feeling when you are away from your favorite ride for so long

Are you sure “his truck” isn’t code for “another girl?”

I sense two different issues here: (1) Boyfriend is decompressing from his trip or whatever and needs some alone time working on his truck. (2) OP girlfriend feels rejected and hurt that she is not Boyfriend’s number 1 priority right now. OP, try not to make it a contest of who is more important - truck or girlfriend? Doing that is an irritant in the relationship and not something that will make the relationship better. Try to accept that sometimes people need alone time from time to time. If it persists past a reasonable period (a day) then it’s time to talk to boyfriend and ask if everything is OK in the relationship and listen instead of accusing.

wow are you a relationship counsellor? That was really well out! You have a very diplomatic way of putting things that shows a lot of insight. I'm impressed!

Maybe he should tell her then that he needs alone time and not lie to her? I'm pretty sure she would have understood it, although of course it still hurts that he's not eager to see her after such a long time.

If that's the case, he should have said so instead of lying about his back. Had boyfriend said, hey, look, I need a little time to decompress before I see you; how about such-and-such a day, OP might not have been so hurt about him working on his truck. I mean, OP obviously missed her boyfriend and wanted to see him.

openawhole00 6

Maybe the truck is just a more comfortable ride

chris_lillo 15

You can't take a man away from his truck!

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

Hey, truck is life, truck is love...