By Sith Dad - 05/09/2018 15:00

Today, I accompanied my daughter to her classmate's Disney Princess themed birthday party. Minutes in, the celebrant's mother kindly asked us to leave because my daughter was ruining the theme. How? She dressed up as Princess Leia. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 951
You deserved it 367

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Come on, not only did she follow the theme perfectly, she chose a really badass princess.

This is where I'm at! Never mind whether she was technically right or not! Who the hell cares more about maintaining the theme of a kids' party than the kid getting to celebrate with their friends?

Comments

She would have ruined the theme by dressing up in the bikini costume of slave Leia, which I guess she did not, but meanwhile Star Wars is part of Disney so it should be O.K.

Wow what kind of a **** tell's a child to leave because of there costume 🤔😐🙄😒😠

This is where I'm at! Never mind whether she was technically right or not! Who the hell cares more about maintaining the theme of a kids' party than the kid getting to celebrate with their friends?

Come on, not only did she follow the theme perfectly, she chose a really badass princess.

She either has her head stuck in the time before Disney purchased Lucasfilm, or she's one of those "Disney killed Star Wars" individuals and doesn't want to think about Disney owning the rights to the franchise.

Mathalamus 24

Or, the rude lady didn't remember that Disney owns Star Wars now. I know I forget sometimes.

Or it's neither of those things (well she is rude but I mean she didn't forget Disney owns Star Wars now). People forget that while there are many Princesses in Disney movies not all of those princesses are part of the Disney Princess collection. The Disney Princess brand consists of Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, Rapunzel, and Merida. So the theme was probably Disney Princesses as in those who are designated by Disney as being one of the Disney princesses.

Well then the invitation should have stated that just saying Disney princess theme does not equate to the Disney princess series meaning this girl could have dressed as kida Giselle or Cala from the gummy bears and still been in theme of Disney princess

You should have gone home and dressed up your kid as Snow White and hire seven short sex offenders as the dwarfs: Pervy, Sleazy, Shameless, etc. That’ll show her!

Leia isn't a conventional Disney princess, she's a rebel princess.

Ummm Disney owns Star Wars so technically she is a Disney princess. Also, the mother is a real b!tch

But she is not one of the Official Disney Princesses. According to Disney the official Disney Princesses are Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Pocahontas, Merida, Jasmine, Ariel, Belle, Mulan, Tiana, and Rapunzel. If the Party was Disney Princess themed they probably meant the Disney Princess brand which would consist of those 11 and not the rest.

awildwhisper 30

Hahaha tell that to all the Elsa's and Anna's that showed up.

Oh come off it we all know the princesses in that series are from movies that make bank so shut up about leia not counting

Oh come off it yourself. I didn't say the woman's behavior was correct and that she should have kicked the girl out. I just pointed out that Leia is not, by Disney designation, a Disney Princess. At least not yet. Disney made the decision that not every princess counts, not me.

Leia is literally the best Disney princess! Silver lining- Your daughter is better off hanging out with kids who won't grow up thinking the purpose of life is to wait around for prince charming to fulfill herself. (Still super shitty though)

TinScarecrow 15

While I agree that asking a kid to leave is rude, hurtful, and stupid, my *best* guess is the some of the children (probably the birthday girl) were upset that their friend didn't pick a more traditional princess to emulate.

AzrielB 8

"Disney Princess" doesn't mean any princess in a franchise owned by Disney. The label requires 1. A dress which can be worn by white girls without danger of cultural appropriation. 2. A non speaking animal sidekick, or multiple 3. Must appear in a film grossing at least $250 million Leia lacks the sidekick so is not a Disney princess.

They probably have been but they are still right that Disney Princess doesn't mean any Princess in a Disney movie, it means Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, Rapunzel, and Merida who are officially designated by Disney as the Disney Princesses.

R2D2 was a nonspeaking robot sidekick. Maybe he could count.