This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By dexasterous - 21/06/2018 15:00

Today, a customer came in angry because his order was wrong. My manager told him I made the mistake and I listened for 20 minutes while this guy insulted me. After the issue was resolved, my manager told me that he actually messed up the order, but didn't want to deal with it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 019
You deserved it 199

Top comments

Lobby_Bee 17

You are not the first person to be a managers mistake sponge.

Comments

Lobby_Bee 17

You are not the first person to be a managers mistake sponge.

Remember, customers are always right regardless. I wish we can tell them they are wrong but we have to make the customers happy. Which I think is a bull crap.

the customer is rarely if ever right and as a retail employee I hate that saying.

the customer is rarely if ever right and as a retail employee I hate that saying.

You should just mark time at your current work until you can find another job. If your boss is willing to throw you under the bus for his mistake, he showed you all you need to know about him. Move on!

julfunky 29

Don’t put up with that crap. I never had a manager do something so pathetic. I was able to rely on my supervisors and managers to help me deal with those types of situations. That’s the kind of place you need to aim for — the basic “I don’t treat my employee like a door mat” place. If your place of employment can’t offer that basic quality then you need to start searching elsewhere.

That's ideal, you're lucky but sadly good leadership can be hard to find these days. Many many companies don't seem to understand (or care) that there is a huge difference between a "boss/manager" and a "leader." One simply issues orders and expects them to be followed blindly, looking out only for him/herself. The other teaches and leads by example, looking out for their employees and the company. I've seen too many unqualified people get promoted to management (often because they're screwing things up and their boss doesn't want to deal with them anymore but can't/doesn't want to fire them for whatever reason) so they pass that person off to be someone else's problem. Then we end up with FMLs like this.

TomBran84 2

That's messed up, I hate managers who throw others under the bus to make themselves look better or too lazy to want to handle anything.

MarkArren 11

Tell his manager that he is abusing his power