Professional.

By Anonymous - 23/06/2018 19:00

Today, my boss threatened to fire me for racism after I refused to hire a black woman. I didn't hire her because she came to the interview wearing what was basically a bikini and she was covered in tattoos depicting lewd sex acts. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 446
You deserved it 293

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's really stupid how quickly people can throw in the race card. It almost starts to feel like your automatically a racist if your white nowadays.

manb91uk 22

I assume you don't work in the **** industry?

Comments

manb91uk 22

I assume you don't work in the **** industry?

It's really stupid how quickly people can throw in the race card. It almost starts to feel like your automatically a racist if your white nowadays.

Believe it or not, some people believe that to be true. I have a friend that on Facebook shared a post that I ironically said in a nutshell, that if you’re white, you’re racist, you have to admit that, and you have to apologize for it, constantly.

*un-ironically I miss the edit button.

I’ve got to wonder what position she was interviewing for. What it one of them on the tattoos?

Who wears a bikini to a job interview? Unless it's for a lifeguard position, which even that barely seems proper.

manb91uk 22

A person applying to be a swimsuit model... Just a thought

PenguinPal3017 19

Was this the only reason that you didn't hire her? Did she interview well otherwise?

ThatGuy9679 13

Showing up to a job interview like that is a good enough reason to not hire someone

ThatGuy9679 13

Plus I would be surprised if the interview even ended up taking place

PenguinPal3017 19

I wasn't implying that it isn't. I was just curious, I want to know the story. Was this a job anyone can do? A job requiring a degree?

It was an affirmative action test. You failed. The outfit was for distraction.

We need a follow up on this to know what job she was applying to. That way we know how to judge you

ThatGuy9679 13

Unless she was trying to get a job at a strip club it doesn't matter what job she was applying for, you don't show up to an interview like that

Your boss is an ass. He missed that all of it combinedly makes you actually a 'racist sexist anti-bikini-tattooist'!!

Even if she is having tatoos and wearing bikini it is not a reason not to apply.

You are correct. She can apply wherever she wants. However OP can not hire her because of her lack of professionalism during the interview. Unless OP works in the sex industry having someone around that has tattoos of sex acts and wearing a bikini is not very professional and would be distracting and uncomfortable for the other workers and/or customers/clients

the user name is taken fml 10

she would have better career at blow jobs

It would have been helpful to know what job the woman was interviewing for. I agree there are a great many jobs for which a person wearing revealing clothes showing off sexuality explicit tattoos is not the best choice. And unless the job was as a tattoo artist it’s not a smart choice to show up for the interview that way. Racism is not something limited to white people. I see it the other way too sometimes in such things as which customers a clerk or cashier seems to prefer dealing with. I grew up in a segregated southern town in which Jim Crow was very much alive and saw how non-whites were treated. But today is a very different time, now racial favoritism can sometimes go either direction. It would have provided some additional input if we knew exactly why boss was so hot to have you hire the lady in question - Such as, was he turned on by her? Was she the same race as him? Was he needing to get a hiring quota filled? Was he intimidated by her? Or did he genuinely think she was the most qualified for the job? The answer to those questions make quite a difference.