#blessed

By Loney - 22/04/2018 19:00

Today, I had to let my nosy landlord into my apartment to ensure I didn't have an unapproved guest over. Why? Because she overheard me sneeze, and then bless myself. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 551
You deserved it 594

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you live in a sane country you don’t have to let your landlord in. And they have no right to control who you have over.

Did you say "thank you" to yourself? If not, you need to be more polite.

Comments

Dark♡Twisty 8

I liked you because of your profile picture, then I read your rude comment

I do that all the time, when I'm home. 😂

I say “bless me” all the time. I live alone 🤷🏽‍♀️

Did you say "thank you" to yourself? If not, you need to be more polite.

If you live in a sane country you don’t have to let your landlord in. And they have no right to control who you have over.

I rented a bedroom and couldn't have visitors in school. could be a situation like that.

Depends on your country I guess but in most anything you rent is yours, within reason, but if you rent a bedroom you can bring anyone you want in there and the landlord can only complain if you violate house rules and so on.

What century is this that the landlord thinks it’s their business if a renter has a visitor over? OP I am sorry you are living in some time warp that put you back in the early 1900’s. It’s one thing to require people who might be residing there to be on the lease, but this is pushing the ridiculous.

Where I live landlords need to give 3 days notice before entering without probable cause of contract violation. I don't think a day guest counts...

First thing I would take care of is those paper thin walls, or find out where they planted the bugs. Who know what else they are hearing.....or seeing.

What sort of gestapo landlord is that??

ohsnapword 21

It really depends on the situation. Depending upon the agreement, the landlord may have the right to inspect the renter's apartment. If the renter is renting an illegal accessory apartment (i.e. someone's basement), the only recourse the renter has is to find somewhere else to live, before reporting the illegal apartment.

in the UK I believe they need to give 24hour notice if they are coming round

CrazyTrainWreck 19

Well you can tell your landlord, "Bless your little heart for checking in."