Trapped 2: The Bathroom strikes back!

By UberAwesone - 22/06/2017 15:24 - Indonesia - Jakarta

Today, I woke up hungover, locked in my bathroom. This wouldn't be a problem, except in my drunken stupor, I snapped the key. I live alone and there's no windows. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 628
You deserved it 2 263

UberAwesone tells us more.

OP here, I live in Indonesia, and most bathrooms here have seperate keys instead of a toggle. Thankfully, my brother has a spare house key, I was able to call him over and get him to call a locksmith to get me out. I posted this FML while we were waiting for the locksmith to come by.

Top comments

At least you have a shitter and access to water. If you can get someone to slide pancakes under the door, you can lead a pretty good life.

bigtwobah 6

You have a key for your bathroom? Do you live in a gas station?

Comments

bigtwobah 6

You have a key for your bathroom? Do you live in a gas station?

many people have keys in the bathroom to avoid people coming in randomly

Yuri Morliere 11

Um are keys not normal? many people have keys where I am

I've never seen a bathroom door with a key in it and I'm 27

I have skeleton locks on my bathroom door. I can lock it from inside so no children barge in and if they lock themselves in because I forgot to put the key in the medicine cabinet, I keep a key on my keyring and can get in. Keys on bathroom doors are a great idea. except in this guy's case. But if I lived alone, I wouldn't be locking the bathroom door.

Lauren Horstman 3

If you were able to post this, you obviously have a way to contact someone to free you ?

The fml's always start with Today, even though a lot of them are posted much later. Op may have had the fml a few days ago and is only posting about it now.

afallingstar 22

And you didn't have your phone with you to call someone? Doesn't everyone take theirs with them?

At least you have a shitter and access to water. If you can get someone to slide pancakes under the door, you can lead a pretty good life.

Don't forget the bologna sandwiches! Man can not live on pancakes alone.

Who needs a key to exit a bathroom? If you happen to have a hammer and flat head screw driver in there with you, you can take the hinges off the door. Or try to dismantle the door handle if you can.

Well, time to try exiting Super Mario style down the toilet!

sunshine1421 14

good news is doors are relatively cheap and easy to replace

Whelp, time to go full swat mode and bust down your door!

Druu 53

Your doorknob is installed incorrectly. The key hole goes on the exterior side. The toggle goes on the inside.

Many other countries outside the US dont really use doorknobs but rather handles with just one keyhole that can be used from either side.

What makes this funny are all the flaws in this fml