This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By GeeThanks - 03/05/2017 14:00

Today, while making a grand show of his generosity, my boss gave me my own commissions as a wedding gift. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 344
You deserved it 264

Top comments

Send him a bill for your commissions. Sounds like you have witnesses who can state that money was a gift and not the debt he owed you.

Comments

OP here, if it is then there's two jackass cheapskate bosses out there

XD! Actually, what happened is that your FML got posted on the site twice. Although it would be amusing if two people shared the same exact experience.

linzfinz337 22

It sounds like the boss is a cheap bastard.

Did he also provide the wedding cake (day-old birthday cake from the break room at work)?

Send him a bill for your commissions. Sounds like you have witnesses who can state that money was a gift and not the debt he owed you.

That's what I was thinking. If he said it's your wedding gift, your local labor dept. will not agree with him that he already paid you your legally owed money.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Most companies wish they could operate this way. I gave you what you earn so be thankful. This is why most jobs don't deserve loyalty.

I had a boss like that. I highly recommend that you find another job ASAP. Tell no one at your new job of this because they won't believe you, trust me. Just get​ out and move on.

letaylor 0