By thatkid00117 - 15/07/2013 17:15 - United States - Avalon

Today, while lifeguarding at my local beach, I noticed someone having difficulty swimming back to shore. I ran out and swam him back to shore. Once we were on dry land, he cussed me out for "emasculating" him in front of his girlfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 443
You deserved it 3 353

thatkid00117 tells us more.

Hey guys, it was a pretty rough day so I wasn't surprised at least one person encountered trouble, and he didn't speak a word whilst he was gripped tightly to the flotation device. Once on shore I asked him if he was alright and instructed him how not to get caught in another rip current. He promptly to me to "f off" and that he didn't need help. At that point his girlfriend ran up to ask if he was hurt, and everything went downhill from there. I appreciate the sympathy, but it would be a little irresponsible of me to let the man die :)

Top comments

How dare you OP! Let him drown like a man!

I bet he's the kinda dude that would flee a date after losing an arm wrestling match... Smdh

Comments

How dare you OP! Let him drown like a man!

ElementaryEdGuy 18

Better yet, you could take him back out to where he was drowning.

Oh hell no! Toss him back in and feed his lousy ass to the sharks! Shark bait ooh ha ha!

OP should look on the bright side, the guy is in line for the next Darwin Award..."Oh no I'm drowning...but there might be witnesses so I can't tell anyone..."

fishstick557 14

Know how you feel OP people do that to me at my beach too. I just tell them "you're welcome."

jw90 18

Well if he can't swim he shouldn't have been showing off.

What I am wondering is how you show off by swimming? Ya I can swim like a million other people.

People do that, believe it or not, especially the sort whose attempts at showing off backfire when they get caught in the tide, and then yell at the guy who saved them.

I bet he's the kinda dude that would flee a date after losing an arm wrestling match... Smdh

Haha I was thinking exactly the same. ..

Clearly you were just trying to steal his girlfriend. We see through your clever ruse.

But he didn't say anything the whole way to the shore? If he was really that embarrassed, you'd think he'd say something when the life guard grabbed him.

He wanted to make sure the lifeguard didn't throw him back in.

Wouldn't have been very masculine if he drowned, now would it? He should have been thankful.

nurchok 15

I couldn't agree more, but life is full of assholes. I just wish there were more people like #51 that just say "you're welcome" :)

Next time you should let him drown. Then his girlfriend will see how manly he is.

Take him into the water and leave him there

nurchok 15

No, don't, cause then if he makes it out of there, he'd charge OP with an attempted murder...

Chellybelly92 14

You can always give him another chance to show off, just throw him back in.