By Ace - 01/04/2016 02:17 - United States - Mount Pleasant

Today, this guy I was seeing dumped me for "bombarding" him with text messages. I'd sent him one text asking if he was okay, after he stood me up 2 nights in a row. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 842
You deserved it 1 803

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TeacherTeacher 11

If he calls you in a couple of days and is "willing to give you another chance," hang up and block his number.

You dodged an abusive bullet there OP.

Comments

You dodged an abusive bullet there OP.

I don't see how what he did could be considered as him being abusive. It sounds to me like he was a jerk that wasn't interested in being with op. He didn't show up to the dates (probably figured she'd take the hint and never call again) then she sent a text and he used it as an excuse to dump her because he's the type of jerk that feels he needs an excuse, and one where the blame lies on her so nothing's his fault. Definitely a jerk that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole, but I don't see how you can claim he'd probably be abusive after this one FML. Maybe I'm missing something in the FML, but I feel like people throw that word around way to lightly and any guy that's a jerk or mean can now be labeled as abusive, which is a pretty serious accusation in my book.

I agree, it sounds like he just doesn't like OP. But if he calls again and asks to hang out, then it's more of a sign that he would be abusive. It's the controlling factor. Abusive people usually want everything don on their terms, so they can text you whenever but you can't text them. Although a lot of the time, abusive people are very nice and charismatic at the beginning of the relationship. But I didn't get an abusive vibe from the fml, just an uninterested one.

emi_alejandra 23

Wow Op I'm sorry! But don't worry. Someone better will come along

Ali_Br_fml 33

Yeah, be obviously has something else going on there. Probably just looking for a reason to dump you. Smh. Don't even give him the time of day if he comes to his senses. Standing you up twice? he can go to hell.

TeacherTeacher 11

If he calls you in a couple of days and is "willing to give you another chance," hang up and block his number.

nonsensical 26

Make sure he hears you laugh before you hang up though. That step is crucial!

Hahah sounds like a guy I was involved with who stopped talking to me and I texted him first once, because I even had a weird thing about not texting first at the time, and he told a mutual friend I just texted him way too much. So ridiculous, onto the next one OP!

elizacandle 29
blcksocks 19

Tell him you had one of your girlfriends join, hoping for a threesome on both occasions, but he never showed up.

neuronerd 28

Anyone who stands you up is not worth your time. Yes, emergencies can happen, but thare didn't seem to be the case here. Rejection hurts, but you're better off.

At least he's good with vocabulary. "Bombarded", very elaborate, no?