By motherlylove - 08/07/2018 15:00

Today, my mother-in-law screamed at the top of her lungs in front of our friends and family that I was stealing her baby away from her. I'd only suggested we go home because he had a migraine. Her baby is 24 years old and has been married to me for a year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 517
You deserved it 284

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Laugh manically, grab your husband and run away screaming “he’s mine now!”

Smithworthy 20

Now I know where the migraines from

Comments

Never marry someone until you have proof that their parents are dead. Or at the very least, aren't batshit crazy. Though the craziness may appear later, so go with the first option.

My mother isn't dead and is batshit crazy, nasty, manipulate human being. I wouldn't be married today if my hubby decided not to be with me based on my mother lol

My mother isn't dead and is batshit crazy, nasty, manipulate human being. I wouldn't be married today if my hubby decided not to be with me based on my mother lol

Why not go a step further and fight for a law where you get the right to legally kill the parents of the person whom you are going to get married to??

See, it's completely achievable and justified via the usual liberalist arguments given for everything liberalist these days, no??

ThatGuy9679 13

The hell are you on about?

tounces7 27

I remember an Episode of "Dinosaurs" where they threw their mother in law off the cliff into a tar pit at a certain age. I can understand the rationale behind it I admit.

Smithworthy 20

Now I know where the migraines from

Laugh manically, grab your husband and run away screaming “he’s mine now!”

Sucks OP - but it is kind of a relief to know other people have to deal with this kind of person. Narcissism sucks.

Now you know what to give her in her birthday: A visit to a psychiatrist.

Aw, why aren’t you letting mama take care of her 288-month-old?

She just wanted to breastfeed her baby boy!

He probably got the migraine from lack of mother’s milk.

I would yell back: "No I'm not. And I won't take $10,000 to leave him either so quit asking"!

chairmanofthebored 1

I would like to see the look on her face if that happened!

As bad as an insanely controlling and jealous mother in law might be - What really matters is the character of your spouse. If he’s a mama’s boy the only solution may be divorce. If he stands up to bat-shit crazy momma then you two just arrange to see as little as possible of the nut job. By the way, if there is any possibility mamma has keys to the house or apartment - change the locks and under no conditions ever let her even touch the keys.

Um, from what’s said, we have no proof from the FML that hubby is mama’s boy, or that he isn’t unwilling to stand up to her. Maybe he did stand up, and the OP didn’t mention because of the word limit, and that MIL yelling at her in front of people is FML enough. Maybe migraine was bad enough that he didn’t feel like a confrontation. Or he let’s OP deal with Mom, but supports his wife, because he has been conditioned since childhood that he can’t win against his mom (my dad was like that; it took him years to actually speak up, but would always support my mom speaking up).

tounces7 27

Well that would be why they said "if".

peithecelt 28

motherinlawstories.com - visit the forums if you need support from people who get it.

Now your friends and family all know that she’s a psycho.