By argh - 01/02/2010 13:17 - United States

Today, my mother gave my daughter a behavior chart. I noticed that "drinking beer" was at the top of one of the columns. It's a chart for my daughter to use on me so my mother can judge my parenting skills. I am currently losing a sticker right now for being on the computer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 710
You deserved it 4 978

Same thing different taste

Top comments

damnwtfdude 0

YDI if you actually put up with this. Discipline your daughter and get your mother in line. You're the big girl now.

lol get off then think of all the stickers you'll lose when she finds the cocaine... oh shit, dude sorry

Comments

lol get off then think of all the stickers you'll lose when she finds the cocaine... oh shit, dude sorry

OP... may be you should be more careful giving access to your vigina!!! you sound too young for raising a kid!

tonythatiger 0

Right, #137, because since its been on TV, it can never happen in real life. Nope. Never. :/

It is not ur daughters right to judge her mother so fyl

If you never judge your parents, their actions, and their decisions, you aren't really learning anything from them, are you? We use our judgment everyday and we have the right to.

right, but did you use behavior charts on your parents? I doubt it. FYL for letting your mother use your own child against you.

mmlprsh 0

I don't think kids should judge their parents....makes them think they have authority. That is not good during emergencies.

riku3220 2

You can't look at anything without judging it. Watch any TV show and you'll decide if you like it or if you don't.

Everyone should judge their parents. Parents aren't always right...they're human, too.

Reyo 2

OP: Tell your mother that it's time to let you do shit on your own. Use the fact that you've already become a parent as many times as possible. Burn the chart and tell your daughtor that Grandma had her chance to teach you how to be a parent.

damnwtfdude 0

YDI if you actually put up with this. Discipline your daughter and get your mother in line. You're the big girl now.

This. Take the chart away. It teaches your daughter that she's in charge. You're the parent. Then tell your mother that you are capable of raising your own child without her interference.

AGGoddess 2

Agreed. Your mother should mind her own damn business. And if your daughter does have an issue with you, then she should know to come to you about it without doing something stupid like use this chart. Don't let your mom boss you around.

Definitly. Who's the child in this situation?

kh2soldier 1

4 might be the only smart one here

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This times a million.

when you were a kid and you had a problem with your parents, would you actually tell them? I know I never did, cause I'd get a good yelling at, then a lecture on respect, then be grounded for a couple weeks.

Today, my mum got out of rehab. In order to maintain her progress we set up a behaviour chart in which I judge her parenting skills and reward her. She's already lost one sticker. We started two minutes ago. FML.

girlygirl666 0

Actually, these charts are sometimes given to a parent in therapy, or just out of rehab. The purpose is for the parent to judge their OWN parenting skills, and along with the therapist, focus on their percieved weaknesses. Sometimes one is insecure about one's own effectiveness and ability to parent. This tool is used to self- monitor any area the parent/patient feels they may be lacking, and they can then work on any problems with the therapist. It can be a helpful tool. Unless the OP's mother is her therapist,(would not happen), I don't see why she would be using it, much less involving the child.

fernando's slightly over rated. where was he when the US owned Spain?

Currently? You loose a star because your daughter should be in school.... and another one because you should be doing something about it instead of wallowing within yourself. No wonder your mother is doing this.

Malinkrot 3

you do realize that FML's aren't posted at the exact time the event happens...

I guess it depends on what time her daughter's school is supposed to start. It said this was submitted 8:17 their time, so it could go either way. (Unless the time on the FML is the published time, which wouldn't really make sense because the first comment starts at 2:00 something)

boatkicker 4

And whether her daughter is old enough to be in school.... and I suppose it also depends on whether or not her daughter is home schooled too.

Yeah, I had thought of the age thing, but giving a four/five (or under) year old a behavior chart? I don't think so.

Averizzle 0

^^^ Nice try at comedy but you just lost a sticker. Sorry

You need to woman up and tell your mom to back off because you're an adult. You also need to remind your daughter that no matter what grandma says you are her parent. She shouldn't be disciplining you.