By TakenAdvantageOf - 15/09/2017 04:30

Today, my husband asked to borrow money. He couldn't pay his half of the rent or utilities this month, but he did manage to buy a $1,700 radio. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 429
You deserved it 585

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SavySavannah 6

Problem 1: Why are you splitting bills and money up if you're married? Maybe that's why he feels like he can do whatever he wants with "his" money. Gotta share it all in a marriage.

Hopefully, for $1700, the radio has one of those cranks to generate power. Then, you guys can listen to cool tunes when you’re homeless.

Comments

Alandra DrColina 6

Your answer here is part of the reason the divorce rate is so high! Oh there's a problem? DIVORCE! What ever happened to trying to work things out, talk things over etc. In a situation like this, a little budget coaching is really what is needed, not a divorce yet! Seems to me the main thing lost in this world is people simply can't talk anymore. Whether its marriage, politics, anything at all, people don't talk anymore and try and honestly change or fix things.

I totally agree! It seems most people these days just give up rather than trying to fix their issues, expecting them to just disappear, I'm pretty sure the couple who have been married "all their life" has had their fair share of issues but worked it out rather than just quit.

WeirdUS 29

I'm not going to say divorce usually it's not a good idea in most cases however in this case his financial spending is putting them in jeopardy and it's not being responsible. Also he put that expense over rent. I would say that's an excellent case for divorce it's not something that usually changes especially when it's that much of an expense

SavySavannah 6

Problem 1: Why are you splitting bills and money up if you're married? Maybe that's why he feels like he can do whatever he wants with "his" money. Gotta share it all in a marriage.

Many couples spilt the bills and keep money separate. It stops the fighting about money. In this case OP needs to get rid of him.

Your answer here Skippy is part of the reason the divorce rate is so high! Oh there's a problem? DIVORCE! What ever happened to trying to work things out, talk things over etc. In a situation like this, a little budget coaching is really what is needed, not a divorce yet!

YallDeservedItJk 22

Exactly. She deserved it for splitting money with him and using it against him.

Ew, no. Keep it separate. Besides, combining their money wouldn't fix the underlying problem of him spending money on stupid shit before getting all the bills paid. Would only make it worse, if anything.

Is the husband someone you'd want to have access to your money in a joint account?

Hopefully, for $1700, the radio has one of those cranks to generate power. Then, you guys can listen to cool tunes when you’re homeless.

He probably didn't BUY a radio. He probably put it on credit or other "payment plan". I'm gonna assume he probably only paid like 50-100 bucks upfront. Also, why the hell does this site log me out every day even though I have "Keep me signed in" clicked?

I hear you! I read a comment that I want to give a thumbs up to, and I have to look at some black guy waving his fingers at me and some bullshit about logging in being gluten free, so I log in AGAIN, and it sends me to the main page, and I have to find the comment AGAIN, just to press thumbs up.

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

... Why bother splitting the bill in the first place? You two ARE married, right?

Lobby_Bee 17

Tell him this month's rent is his Christmas present.

First of all, $1700 is a ridiculous price for "a radio" unless he is a ham radio operator and you are talking about a TWO WAY base station. If this is the case, YDI for marrying one of our kind, lol.