By Skyra - 02/03/2012 21:06 - Portugal

Today, my hatred for IKEA reignited when I rammed my knee into my hotel bathroom's plexiglass counter top while I was drying myself off. Their interior designer must have have been suffering brain damage when she matched everything with the floor tiles. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 751
You deserved it 6 518

Skyra_fml tells us more.

To the people that keep having a hissy fit about me hating IKEA — deal with it. It's a matter of personal taste and I happen to dislike not only the design of their pieces but also the quality of their furniture; which is rubbish. You like it? Fine, whatever. I couldn't care less. I don't like it and I'm not changing my mind just because you think I should like it. And, again, personally, to me, IKEA is overrated. With that in mind, please feel free to hate me, or my furniture preferences, as much as you like; I'll be here in my little country having a life.

Top comments

Oh please, like you hurting your knee wasn't your own fault.

Comments

xXxIracebethxXx 14

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Yeah, everything matched the floor tiles. Again what does it have to do with Ikea?

Naomimi_fml 6

Damn IKEA's clumsy furniture for running into you like that.

KingOfAmazing 9

I think it's more of her fault for not watching what she was doing while drying off, lol

ThisIsMyReign 4

OP were you on shrooms or a acid? Can you not tell elevation differences? Does everything seem flat to you? "oh look a floating faucet, fascinating! Oh, Shit!" was that your last words before the clash between knee an counter ? I want your drugs. :)

#2 it still never said in the FML that the room was decorated with stuff from IKEA... Therefore making him wonder why this made him hate IKEA more.

I'm sorry for jacking, but my genius wouldn't be seen otherwise. I used to go to Ikea like you, until I took plexiglass to the knee.

Yeah why do you hate IKEA??? IKEA is awesome!

I've been wondering how this FML doesn't have more "you deserved it" votes considering the OP's clumsiness caused this all to happen even though IKEA was somehow blamed

1crabbygirl 10

Correct, we are left to assume it was, or that OP thought it was by his/her reference to the frequent use of plexiglass by: 1 the hotel and 2 the disposable furniture superstore

It was implied. Why else would i mention IKEA?

how are you sure it's IKEA? i've never seen plexiglass sinks there.

Why did you let them decorate if you hate them

Why did you let yourself post this comment without reading the FML fully?

I can't believe I missed the gender I blame the app update I did has me all mixed up

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

It kinda frightens me how so many people CAN'T READ.

Perhaps you should of read the FML more closely. Just like a few comments said above me... It's frightening how little people read now a days.

64 - I agree. It seems people only read the "Today," and the "FML" and they somehow think they got it.

tweetbaby14 18

64, it's also frightening how people say should of rather than should have.

hmm ok? i don't really see this as an FML..

this will probably get modded never question the validity of an FML dude

Ooo I predict that the great and mighty Oz will contact you soon.

What? You guys don't get to design your own motel room before you stay there? Weird...

80 well , they all do have that in common. Plus today and FML do say a big part, my day sucked so I want someone to f my life board game.

chester75 5

Stop making excuses for your clumsiness :)

Unless of course your excuse for your clumsiness is something awesome. I trip over my penis all the time. My excuse? I have super short legs. (bet you thought this was a big dick joke :P)

MoonPhase123 4

In my opinion, hitting her knee is her fault not IKEA's, note she said 'When I rammed my knee into my hotel'- blah blah. Unless if the counter suddenly came to life, sprouted feet and rammed itself into OP's knee then, yeah...

What does banging your knee on the countertop have ANYTHING to do with the floor tiles...?

Oh please, like you hurting your knee wasn't your own fault.

I agree, people are clumsy, its human nature (to a degree, half the fmls on here relating to clumsiness are just messed up :P) but unless the OP bruised it bad beyond belief, tore it somehow, or suffered a horrible injury, I don't think he/she should be complaining.

*sigh* lets get through this mandatory comment especially since the guy above has a skyrim picture "at least it was just a table not an arrow" (monotone)

Well, sir, skyrim is pretty damn awesome, but even i am annoyed by the constant arrow to the knee jokes. It was ruined by people taking it too far. So your comment wasn't mandatory, you were just trying to troll. You added that little sentence before so you would get some people to think your comment wasn't as "trolly" as it really was.

dcg1375 7

^^ YAY!!!....I like jelly donuts...

Those are definitely æbleskievers. Food of the gods.

omg love those. my grandma was danish and made them all the time. Now that she's passed away, I have her cast iron pan to make my own!

Skyrim is friggin awesome. Though I regret that the factions story lines and number of factions weren't as high as Oblivion. Sadly.

Fun fact! Arrow to the knee is actually a marriage joke!!

Damn IKEA...but I don't really see how this is an FML

In the left corner we have OP's knee. In the right corner, we have streamlined plexiglass. And the fight begins! OP's knee seems to be the aggressor while the plexiglass is more on defense. This fight is intense but it is anyone's fight... Ding ding ding! And plexiglass wins!

Super_Jill_ 1

Was it just me or did you read that with a cage announcer voice? :3

As a person with bad eye sight I would suggest getting yours checked.

NyteWolf 7

Maybe the interior designer was trying to make things match to make it look nice? Not their fault you hurt yourself.

1crabbygirl 10