By Need Help - 05/10/2017 16:30 - United States - Victorville

Today, my grandma went for a walk after being told that she has a bad heart and a fall could be fatal. She fell, fracturing both wrists, and is now in casts and can't do anything herself. Turned out it was only fatal to my college semester. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 491
You deserved it 322

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ahmed Kablar 7

He is complaining that she was told she was a high risk patient and still went walking alone, now she is bothering someone and costing them money and resources when it didn't have to be like that. Old people won't listen.

Are you...are you upset your grandma didn't die?

Comments

Are you...are you upset your grandma didn't die?

Upset she nearly died, by a stupid move doing exactly what she'd been warned against doing. And then her recklessness half ruined OPs life. What, you'd be happy if your gramma broke her wrists? You'd be happy if you had to give up school because of someone else's foolish mistake?

****, that's terrible, OP. My grandmother didn't die today either, and I'm still recovering from the trauma. Stay strong.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
chubbear 14

Wow, you have no ability to understand what OP meant to imply here. Wtf is wrong with you?

**** you dude. **** old people let them die. **** your grandparents too.

Woah. Looks like David Sanchez Sr. didn't get enough hugs from his grandparents.

Ahmed Kablar 7

He is complaining that she was told she was a high risk patient and still went walking alone, now she is bothering someone and costing them money and resources when it didn't have to be like that. Old people won't listen.

This isn't an FML and it isn't a YDI. It's a ICBI - I Can't Believe It. Here's your grandma, who probably made many sacrifices for her family and was crazy about you like most grandmas. She may die soon and needs you to take care of her. Instead of considering that a privilege, you're upset because you might have to delay your graduation date by a whole semester - horror of horrors!o

Needs you to wipe her ass for 3 months. I'd be bitching too.

On average one semester at college it costs $4825, and that's just for public/state colleges without out-of-state tuition. Plus the grandma probably had medical bills, and recovery time will take a lot longer now that she's older. All of this could have been prevented if the grandmother just had a person accompanying her when she went for walks.

And with how far into the semester it is, OP won't be getting that money back from the college.

OP’s grandma put herself at unnecessary risk, and while it’s obviously great she’s alive, her actions resulted in OP putting their future on hold. It’s not fair, and I can sympathize with that.

I mean that isn't the WORST outcome...

Lobby_Bee 17

It's an accident, it can happen to anyone. Why do you make it sound like your grandmother deliberately got hurt to give you trouble? I suppose you just expects your grandmother to sit inside her home till the day she dies.

How did she not deliberately cause this? How could it happen to anyone? If my Dr told me I'd likely die if I did something, there's no way I'd do it! If I did then yeah, I'm asking for trouble. That's not an "accident" anymore than someone taking a bullet in Russian roulette is- you know the risk and do it anyway that's a bad choice, not an accident.

It sounds odd you'd have to give up you semester. Where's the rest of the family to help?

I'm not sure whether the semester is ****** because of medical expenses stealing the college fund, or because OP is forced to be the Grandma's caretaker but either way it's infuriating. If I was told doing something could cause my death & I did it anyway, obviously that's a stupid move, plus cruel to my loved ones who would want me to follow Dr's orders. Just because she's old some of these commenters are excusing her irresponsible actions? What if an older matriarch was trying to achieve her dreams of a degree and had to drop out because her reckless kid busted himself up riding a shopping cart off a roof? Doing some stupid stunt and ******* up your family's lives is a dick move whether you're young or old. I hope she's extremely apologetic and grateful. Probably not- if she gave a shit about her family she'd never have taken such a risk to begin with.