By Noname - 01/02/2009 00:15 - United States

Today, my fiancée "thought I should know" that she has a $125,000 student loan debt. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 406
You deserved it 4 749

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aw come ON now. If that was the only way she could pay for her education, you should be proud that she did so and didn't just sit around and be a bum. (Assuming, of course, that she's working.) If she's expecting you to pay for it all, that's one thing. But I'd guess she's going to be doing it herself, just maybe needing a little help here and there. OVer the next 50 years.....

I'm a college student who is going into more and more debt. My boyfriend still wants to marry me regardless. Money < Love

Comments

Aw come ON now. If that was the only way she could pay for her education, you should be proud that she did so and didn't just sit around and be a bum. (Assuming, of course, that she's working.) If she's expecting you to pay for it all, that's one thing. But I'd guess she's going to be doing it herself, just maybe needing a little help here and there. OVer the next 50 years.....

Like Kanye West once pertinently said: "if you ain't no punk, holler we want prenup!"

"... we want pre-nup, yeah!" No but, seriously, you would have (at some point) talked about where you went to school/college etc anyway, right? You can't really have been that surprised? Either way, if your fiance studied that much then she must be intelligent enough to know that it would be a crazy plan to marry you just to pay off her loan. Unless she thinks you're really stupid. Incidentally, are you?

carlsonz 0

be glad that you haven't married her yet. you best be dropping that wedding.

her debt ruins her credit. once married they pretty much share credit when buying a house or car.

Cdwoods 20

school debt is different than normal debt, so that is false that it will ruin their credit.

quiksta 0

well the bright side is, when the debt's gone, she will be too!

in this day and age....that is grounds for a prenup. you dont need to necessarily worry, but you cant be responsible for it.

I'm a college student who is going into more and more debt. My boyfriend still wants to marry me regardless. Money < Love

I'd hate to enter into a contract where I wind up responsible for that debt. what if she missed a few payments her credit is shit and you can't buy a house because of her? This is serious stuff to deal with but if you love her go for it.

A higher education is worth more than $125,000. I'm sure it'll pay off in the end with a job that uses her degree.