By RedEye - 11/07/2017 17:30 - United States - Saint Louis

Today, my contact ripped in half in my eye. One half fell out, but the other half got stuck too far under my eyelid. An hour and $100 later, Urgent Care finally got it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 631
You deserved it 333

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CrazyTrainWreck 19

Eye feel that there is more to the story, I hope they make contact soon.

writergirl1029 17

You're lucky your urgent care would take it out for you. Most places would send emergency eye problems to an eye doctor, and that would have been twice as expensive. Source: I work for an eye doctor.

Comments

CrazyTrainWreck 19

Eye feel that there is more to the story, I hope they make contact soon.

EnvyMe33 26

You should have put "Eye hope they make contact soon"

CrazyTrainWreck 19

Already used it once. Using the same pun more than once is poor form.

CrazyTrainWreck 19

Eye feel that there is more to the story, I hope they make contact soon.

I feel you, OP. The same thing happened to me when I used to wear contacts. I was an hour late to school from my dad trying to dig it out and it felt like my eyeball was on fire the whole time...

bruh I had a problem with my contact today too, I'm so sorry you had to deal with that

writergirl1029 17

You're lucky your urgent care would take it out for you. Most places would send emergency eye problems to an eye doctor, and that would have been twice as expensive. Source: I work for an eye doctor.

As someone who had corneal abrasions and sunburn on my eyeballs treated in an ER, I have to say that it would depend on the quality of the ER. Most ERs that are worth a shit have a doctor on call at worst and would bring them in to remove it because if they didn't remove it and it did damage, they could be held accountable. Which makes it sound like the office you work for has made a not very ethical arrangement with the local ERs, especially since they charge twice as much as an ER, when it is usually more expensive to have a procedure done in an ER because of the urgency.

As a contact wearer, this is one of my greatest nightmares.

milksquad 11

I once wore my contacts inside out for two weeks without realizing it. Shit STINGS.

thank you Portugal for your healthcare system

genegel 6

FML. eye hope it never happens to me.