By Mattrd - 05/02/2013 00:42 - United States

Today, my coworker told me that I needed to quit smoking because it was making me look and smell horrible. I've never smoked in my life. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 681
You deserved it 3 928

Same thing different taste

Comments

It may be harsh, but it can be beneficial for the long run. Now OP maybe realizes this and can take some course of action. OP go out right now and buy deodorant and facial/body cream.

Yeah, but he/she could've used some more tact...

Sorry OP but sounds like you may need to see a dentist and change your perfume, or perhaps tell your co-worker to sod off.

ElementaryEdGuy 18

Change washing powder/fabric softener? Maybe you also need to address your basic personal hygiene routine?

..because perfume is the equivalent of a shower, yes. slap that hoe! and buy some soap..

mrperspire 4

And a bar of soap, toothbrush and paste. Some people just don't take care of themselves.

Seayah 4

People need to learn to mind their own damn business

It becomes other people's business if their coworker smells and it bothers them..

No it doesn't. I might hate my coworker's choice of perfume (in fact, there's one girl on my course who uses this hideous old lady perfume) but I wouldn't dream of saying "You need to stop using that perfume, it's distressing me". If someone who smoked worked with me, I'd never say "You stink and look like shit". That's just ******* rude. If you really think that's acceptable behaviour, I'm glad as hell that I don't work with you, or in fact know you.

#9 And their looks? I don't see how that was any of OP's co-worker's damn business. If somebody does smell really bad there are far kinder ways of telling them, this colleague is just a bitch.

#29 This probably not the case, but sometimes the smell really IS a bother. One of the girls that went to school with me used such an overbearing amount of perfume that I'd feel nauseous and sometimes even throw up. I had to always sit by the window or sit very far away from her with a window open, otherwise I'd feel horrible until the perfume wore off a bit. There is no excuse for complaining about someone else's looks, though!

First thing I thought of too... Second hand smoke gets into everything.

YDI for not using enough (or right) deodorant/perfume. Showered lately?

how do you know that's the reason? and im pretty sure not using deodorant or perfume will make you look bad physically

As hard as it is to hear from someone, it's only advice that can help you if you act on it.

Try not to take it in a negative way. Use this to improve upon yourself.