This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Unfair - 01/08/2018 01:30

Today, my boss yelled at me for using my phone during my shift, even though I was just checking the time. Later, I saw him playing Pokémon Go. I guess the rules don’t apply to him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 392
You deserved it 492

Top comments

That's because he's the boss and you're the employee.

Sounds like a typical boss, not really an FML unless you got fired or something.

Comments

Sounds like a typical boss, not really an FML unless you got fired or something.

if he's the CEO, then no he doesn't have to follow certain rules

The best thing you can do is get yourself a table clock for work and avoid using your phone during working hours.

That's because he's the boss and you're the employee.

boss =/= CEO. a boss still needs to work.

But the boss usually doesn't have his boss in house/in the same office overseeing then. So they have more leeway.

It depends on the company. I worked at a family owned movie theater, so the manager/boss was the owner.

I would complain to higher management

He wasn't playing Pokemon Go, he was having an important job interview with a Pikachu.

Sorry, OP. Yeah, that kind of boss sucks. When I was younger and working in a movie theater, we had a staff meeting. One person asked the new manager why all the new rules he was setting didn't apply to him. He replied, "Management privilege. As far at this theater goes, I'm God." Half the staff quit that same night, and the other half quit within the next month. Whenever someone quit, he always said the same thing: "Was it something I said?" One employee replied, "Yeah, it was pretty much everything you said."

MamaChey 24

Briarpatch! Didn’t we go to HS together? Yes! I KNEW I recognized you...You were the one who always reminded the teacher that she forgot to collect our homework and ratted us out for messing around in Chemistry lab, because “somebody could get hurt”.

Funny story. Several months after the "I'm God" staff meeting, I learned that this manager got fired. One of the first things he had done when he started was to triple the number of video games in the lobby. Well, it turns out that he got fired because he had been skimming money off the video games in order to pay for his cocaine habit.

boopingsnoot 24

I pester my bosses about regulations. No food or drink in the treatment room! Considering the vet doctors express anal glands and we trim fur and nails in that room, you’d think they would know better than to leave their coffee in there!

Maybe you can turn the vet’s coffee into express-o, if you know what I mean ;)

boopingsnoot 24

I’ve had to clean coffee out of a drawer full of individually-packaged syringes and needles.

julfunky 29

This is why I always used a pocket watch. I could never be accused of doing anything inappropriate and I actually got a fair amount of compliments on it.

thehaystackerine 20

A friend of mine once got fired because her cell phone rang in her pocket during her shift. She completely ignored it, didn't even flinch like she was going to try to answer it.