By ViviMage - 28/08/2018 12:18 - United States - Paulsboro

Today, my application to join the navy was rejected due to having cancer in the past. It would seem my sister applied, we see the same doctor, and the office assistant pulled the wrong chart to submit the past medical history on because she forgot her ABCs. I was rejected before I ever applied. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 318
You deserved it 225

ViviMage tells us more.

ViviMage 38

I/OP didn't submit anything! My sister did but it was rejected because my medical file was attached, and I had cancer. If I have seizures daily and get seasick in a daily basis with a permanent balance impairment issue, why would I join the Navy?

Top comments

hey OP I'm on the navy and if you get the hospital to fix your records then you could resubmit them and still join (I had to do something similar)

bl3ur0z3 17

It's not a flimsy excuse. The Navy has risk factors to take bnb into consideration. It's not a Wal-Mart job.

Comments

hey OP I'm on the navy and if you get the hospital to fix your records then you could resubmit them and still join (I had to do something similar)

bl3ur0z3 17

Resubmit what? OP didn't apply, the sister did.

After reading the FML, how do you think OP's sister applied? Wouldn't she have written this...🙄

bl3ur0z3 17

The exact words "it would seem my sister applied" and the end where it says "I was rejected before I ever applied."

I think it would be the phrase, "It would seem my sister applied," that makes people think that it was his sister who applied. Call me crazy.....

OK yeah but same advice goes... Sister can still get a shot at her goals. And that is good news.

That seems fixable. Good luck with your resubmitted application.

bl3ur0z3 17

OP didn't submit an application, so they can't resubmit one.

bl3ur0z3 - OP submitted an application and was rejected because they received his sister's medical records from the family doctor instead of his.

ViviMage 38

I/OP didn't submit anything! My sister did but it was rejected because my medical file was attached, and I had cancer. If I have seizures daily and get seasick in a daily basis with a permanent balance impairment issue, why would I join the Navy?

Where's the FML for you? Your sister's life got ******

Where's the FML for you? Your sister's life got ******

Oh wow! I totally misunderstood... I think because you started with "my application" - my bad!

bl3ur0z3 17

Same - it was confusingly written lol. When OP said "my application was rejected" because of a mix up in medical records with their sister, it really made it seem like it was OP who applied and the sister was the one who had cancer and messed things up for OP lol

Well now you know that the Navy rejects people when they had cancer in the past. Fortunately, most employers don't use such flimsy excuses to refuse applicants.

bl3ur0z3 17

It's not a flimsy excuse. The Navy has risk factors to take bnb into consideration. It's not a Wal-Mart job.

It’s a sign just stay away from the navy😁

I am so confused. If OP was rejected before ever applying, does that mean it was the sister who applied and the doctor sent OPs medical history instead? Or is it the other way around?

OP has followed up and it appears your first guess was correct.

I do hope that office assistant is looking for a new job these days.

If they got the wrong medical records that's fairly easy to fix. I'm wondering why you're just giving up.