By Bawsack - 26/09/2016 10:10 - United Kingdom - Edinburgh

Today, it's my last day at my job because I'm moving to another city. My boss handed me a card and chocolates. The same boss that didn't sign the card because, "Even though you're a great employee, I probably won't remember your name in a fortnight." I've been there three years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 854
You deserved it 1 103

Top comments

It probably sounded better in his mind than "I /really/ want an excuse to use the word 'fortnight'."

Hey, at least you got some chocolates! A lot of bosses wouldn't even bother with that. Chocolate makes everything better.

Comments

He's just being unnecessarily salty... Congratulations on your new gig OP...

Hey, at least you got some chocolates! A lot of bosses wouldn't even bother with that. Chocolate makes everything better.

You're right. I once caught my girlfriend in bed with my best friend, but they gave me chocolates and I was ok with it.

mariri9206 32

Or for that guy Spongebob who just kept yelling "CHOCOLATE!"

Sounds like someone is bitter that you're leaving. Be happy that you no longer have to work with such an immature ass ... Unless of course you're a large animal vet and your next job involves caring for juvenile donkeys!

He may be bad with names. At least, for me personally, it's easy to remember someone by face and appearance but names are impossible unless I've lived with them for a long time or they became a close friend. If not, he's probably just being silly. Parting gifts don't usually come from someone who dislikes you. Maybe you can reuse the card?

I'm going to guess other coworkers signed it.

He may not remember your name in the future but at least he cared enough to give a card and chocolates. If you weren't a good employee, I doubt he would have even did that.

Well, you can always just try and forget his name. Also you got chocolates, enjoy 'em.

TMO2142 25

Maybe your boss is use to saying your name on a daily basis and if he doesnt say it he forgets sometimes, I have that issue sometimes

It probably sounded better in his mind than "I /really/ want an excuse to use the word 'fortnight'."

I know that people in Australia and the U.K. use the word "fortnight" regularly. It's a really common thing. For example, my mother gets paid fortnightly. I take it that Americans (or other English speakers for that matter) don't use that word too often? I'm not hating or anything, just genuinely curious.