By Anonymous - 17/01/2010 00:46 - Canada

Today, I woke up at 2:30 AM. Thinking I was going to be late for my 3:30 AM flight, I rushed into the bathroom to shower. As I came out of the shower, I slipped and broke my arm. I then realized my flight is tomorrow. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 846
You deserved it 8 867

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Erindub 0

Um, unless you live IN THE AIRPORT...if you woke up 1 hour prior to the flights departure you were screwed from the get go. They begin boarding the flight 20min to departure not including gettin through security and checking bags which BTW the cutoff time for THAT is 1 hour to departure...just saying

jakeidk 0

well at least you didn't fall on a metal pole impaling you to the ground untill you were rescued 4 days later only to die of thirst before you reached the hospital...

Comments

why would you shower? You BOARD half an hour before takeoff. Assuming you live next door to the airport and have no baggage to check and have your ticket printed out, you still have to go through security.

jakeidk 0

well at least you didn't fall on a metal pole impaling you to the ground untill you were rescued 4 days later only to die of thirst before you reached the hospital...

At least you're looking on the bright side.

yourkiddingright_fml 0

You're in the wrong business if you think making fun of customers is funny! Asshole!!!

Koalafrau_fml 0

I think you left this comment about the previous FML, didn't you?

Hmmm... this website would be much more interesting if people left comments unrelated to the FML, like #7. And even better... we could all compete trying to guess which FML they actually belong to.

Erindub 0

Um, unless you live IN THE AIRPORT...if you woke up 1 hour prior to the flights departure you were screwed from the get go. They begin boarding the flight 20min to departure not including gettin through security and checking bags which BTW the cutoff time for THAT is 1 hour to departure...just saying

Not only that #10, after being late and a bit screwed... went and had a non-essential shower?? The OP obviously didn't realise how screwed they were.. hmm i'm gonna YDI this.

Yeah, but he's from Canada. Just like the "Canadian dollar" isn't really a dollar, I'm sure they tell time differently there also... i.e. a "Canadian hour" is probably not the same as a real hour. So maybe he did have enough time to get through security (I mean, c'mon... "Canadian security" isn't like real security) and still board the plane. Everything's different in Canada.

2345_fml 0

I dont know about Canada but in the US there isnt a cutoff time of 1 hour unless its an international flight. Most airlines will guarantee your bag that will make it to the destination if you check in 30 minutes in advance. At the 3:30 in the morning there probably isnt going to be anyone at the airport so its not like he/she has to worry about a long security and check in line. I didnt even know flights started that early. I would hope the OP lives within 10-15 minutes of the airport if he/she took the time to take a shower.

Really? I live in the US and the airlines I took this Christmas (MA to FL and back) said there was a 1 hour cutoff, 3 for international.

2345_fml 0

Southwest Airlines doesnt have a cutoff. 10 minutes before the flight leaves if you havent checked in then they are free to give it to stand by passengers. If you show up before the flight leaves and no one is on the stand by list then you still get your seat. Southwest has a 30 minute rule that any checked back that is checked in under 30 minutes isnt guaranteed to make the flight or else they will pay to get it shipped to you. Not to mention that Southwest lets you log on 24 hours in advance of your flight to print off your boarding pass so if you did that and were really late then they wouldnt give up your seat to stand by until the very last minute when they realized you arent on the plane.

#14 you're just plain out retarded to think that Canadian's have a longer hour. That is why the whole world thinks that Americans are stupid. Now obviously this guy would of missed his flight. The fact he posted this in Canada has no reason to believe such a retarded thing.

And after this comment, people are now very sure that Americans are stupid.

Nic_hole 0

ahh that's something I would do!! aww I'm sorry!

airtimewhXre 5

haha, same here! i'm such a klutz.. i probably would have broken more than my arm lol

At least you broke your arm to remind you that you were a day early. It would have been much worse to show up at the airport with your bags, only to be sent home. But... isn't 2:30 am actually "tomorrow" already? So maybe you were right in the first place, and your broken arm just confused you. I'm sure you'll figure it out within a few days.

starberries 0

No, it's worse to have a broken arm than to show up to the airport a day early. And no, 2:30 AM is not tomorrow. Today is today, no matter what time it is.

I too think a broken arm is worse. Also if I'm not mistaken they won't even let someone on the plain who has a broken bone do to the air pressure and the fact that it would cause a lot of pain

wow that sucks like big time....lol