By drstrnj - 17/10/2009 03:35 - United States

Today, I went to the military base to save $10 on a haircut. On the way out the gate, the glare of the sun blocked my view of a star barrier. Instead of saving $10 on a haircut I now owe a $500 deductible to fix my car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 296
You deserved it 9 140

drstrnj tells us more.

so because I am in the Army I can't use an Air Force Base to get a hair cut????

Top comments

There's a lot of people here who have no freakin idea what they're talking about. How does he not deserve the benefits? If he can get on base that means he is 1) a military member, 2) a military member's dependent, or 3) former military. Anyone else needs a military sponsor and a pass that their sponsor must get for them from the visitor's center. They don't just let anyone on base for a haircut. I can see how that goes: "Let me see your CAC card." "I don't have one. I'm only here for a cheap haircut." "Oh. Go right in, sir. Oh, but you should know that since you're not military your haircut will cost $3,000." Morons.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
cackle 0

I don't even pay $10 for a hair cut lol

supermike1123 0

lol. i see that the sun can get annoying

M13LO 0

that was one expensive haircut

I don't think this is a "YDI for being cheap" since we all like to save (at least those of us who HAVE started trying to save). This is a "YDI for being stupid". If you can't see while driving, stop. That could have easily been a person regardless of circumstances. Also, it's 'now' not 'know'.

Who hasn't had a glare in their eyes while driving before? You're saying if there has ever been any obstruction to your view for even a split second you stop immediately? I'm sure that's shit. Be realistic, shit happens. So stupid how people are so hypocritical

I don't think you can complain about being uptight when you won't say GOD Unless you're being ironic.

Irony: the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.

::eyeroll:: Oh no, it's the irony police. Ironic means doing something that one would not expect. For example, in this situation, saying "Gosh!" while calling someone uptight: you would not expect a laid-back person to say "Gosh!", so they are likely saying it ironically. Anyway, if you know what someone means, then language has served its purpose. Words and meanings change and chastising someone for using a word in a way you don't like has no benefit and makes you look arrogant at best.

just so everyone knows i was being Ironic, so get over it!

deathhill3 40

While I agree they probably did mean it ironically, there are an awful lot of people who would say something like gosh instead of god.

if you're trying to save money, you should start remembering that using your car costs money, too (not just if you have an accident).

Well, possibly if you had not gotten that hair cut, it would have been your long scraggly hair blocking your view instead of the glare of the sun. :] At least now, you have a stylin' new 'do!

pmk138 0

Did you get a shave? lol. While this does suck a lot I say fyl and ydi. Fyl cause you can't spell and ydi for driving when you couldn't see to well.