By jp_boards - 12/12/2017 14:58

Today, I went to the emergency room for a broken collarbone. This wouldn’t be so bad if my parents hadn’t paid $20,000 for me to go to a snowboarding academy all winter. Today was day one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 341
You deserved it 980

Same thing different taste

Top comments

$20,000 is a ridiculous amount of money to spend on snowboarding lessons, even for a whole winter. I'm a ski instructor and we charge nowhere near that much...

I’m sure the academy has faced that situation before. I’m sure you’ll spend the rest of the semester making kick-ass arts and crafts in the ski lodge. Or perhaps, hot chocolate and flaming rum toddies for your non-klutz classmates?

Comments

I’m sure the academy has faced that situation before. I’m sure you’ll spend the rest of the semester making kick-ass arts and crafts in the ski lodge. Or perhaps, hot chocolate and flaming rum toddies for your non-klutz classmates?

Why are you so disrespectful to your dad? Why don’t you make your own funny comment and make me and all the other Pencils proud?

jp_boards 20

? Yeah. Spent a couple weeks doing nothing but school work.

Snowboarding academy? Yeah, that sounds either made up or a scam. Go to the mountains that allow snowboarding and find an instructor, which I know they have. Would save your parents a ton of money. Though this also sounds like a massive brag and at that point, you are just a prick. Either way, don't much feel sorry for you.

$20,000 is a ridiculous amount of money to spend on snowboarding lessons, even for a whole winter. I'm a ski instructor and we charge nowhere near that much...

Do you have arts and crafts supplies ready for clods who injure themselves?

PhantomCrevan 8

I'm wondering if the OP is included the cost for housing and updated equipment, possibly vehicle rental. That's the only way this makes sense to me.

I think it might actually be a school that does regular academics on top to snowboarding lessons. There is a school in park city Utah that their summer break is actually over the winter so the students can ski/snowboard without interrupting their academics. Since that payment is on college tuition levels I'm assuming it's an actual school that also does snowboarding.

jp_boards 20

It’s an training academy where they house me, feed me, and coach me for the winter. I would never pay that money for lessons alone

Sounds like parents with more money than brains, throwing money at a spoiled child. Happy for ALL of you.

PhantomCrevan 8

You need some serious therapy, because you've obviously got some issues to people with high income. OP is somehow spoiled for the money essentially going to waste making them feel worse than the broken collarbone. Their parents are dumb for wanting to make their kid happy and give them a once in a lifetime experience. But somehow they all deserve it just for having money, while you admit that you get pleasure from their suffering and misfortune. Being happy that people you know near-nothing about and have done nothing wrong are distressed is REALLY ****** up, no ifs, ands, or buts.

That sucks but go anyway. I broke my collar bone at 2 yo and that didn’t slow me down

Allie is right. That’s ridiculous, I got skiing lessons in a few days and killed a black diamond for ALOT less.

Lobby_Bee 17

Here is a good thing to keep in mind, you are always never as good as you think you are. Start easy next time.

Snowboard Academy is a thing? Sounds more like an '80s movie. You know, the one with a bunch of hot babes who get won over by the likeable nerd kid who's always being hassled by the rich snob kids who can afford to drop $20k on snowboard lessons. Yeah, that one.

Oh, poor you! It must be so hard to be able to afford 20k for camp and have insurance! Boohoo woe is you!

You really let your parents spend 20k on your lessons, then I'm sorry, you deserve to have that collarbone broken.