By ThatWasntFun - 29/01/2015 21:00 - United States - Jacksonville

Today, I went to have a pre-cancerous mole removed off of my nose. When the doctor numbed my nose, she didn't check to see if the anesthetic actually worked, and began hacking away at my nose, leaving me to feel every last flick of the razor. Turns out I have an immunity to that anesthetic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 501
You deserved it 2 438

Same thing different taste

Comments

blackdoritos 7

That is one of my biggest fears, that sucks OP.

Do you guys smell that? It's weird. I think I smell a lawsuit.

I don't think that they can file a lawsuit because they have immunity to an anesthetic that neither they nor the doctor knew about. Unless they told the doctor that they still felt pain and the doctor didn't do anything about it. There's not enough info to tell.

well they can because the doctor neglected to check if it had worked

mojobanks 8

I'm sure it would have taken just one word "Ouch" to make her stop.

OP was given a potion that made him powerless to move or speak, but did nothing to dull his senses

No 24, the anesthetic would've only worked like that if op was having a surgery where they were put to sleep. This is just local anesthetic in which case they should've let the doctor know immediately that they were able to feel everything. (I think you may have been making a joke, but I just wanted others to know)

I had this before when getting a filling at the dentist...I didn't say anything the first time because I figured it was just the dentist and it's supposed to hurt. Plus I didn't want to prolong the pain, I just wanted to get it over and done with. I took me a few times to realise that anaesthetic doesn't really work on me.

Heliol 8

That reminds me of the time I went to the podiatrist with a planters wart on the arch of my foot when I was 15. He came in, messed with something on the counter without me seeing, sat down, grabbed my foot, said "don't move" & started cutting. I was in shock and scared of moving and making it worse so I sat still until he was done and then he put some antiseptic ointment on it, said it would hurt for a couple days & walked out. My dad didn't even complain for me he just said he was impressed with how tough I took it.

then000bster 16

That really stinks! I hope they nose better next time.

This only works if you say "she nose better."

then000bster 16

Yes, I realized this as well. Although I'd prefer, "Hopefully the doctor nose better next time". Because who nose if OP would use the same doctor or not.

that must have hurt a lot. did you file a complaint? or did the doctor realize his mistake.

Not really the doctor's mistake if the anaesthetic doesn't work. They probably could've checked but when I had stitches before they asked me if I could still feel it, I said yes, and they just kept injecting me again and again until I gave up and said it was okay so they'd stop stabbing me. and I still felt everything afterwards as well. For some people it just doesn't work. : (

I really don't know what to say to this, besides I'm so sorry that happened to you.

That's horrible! Hope you said something/screamed....

At least you know you're immune to that anesthetic now, so if you were to ever need surgery again, you can let the doctor know and avoid a repeat situation

xninix_fml 36

That sounds so ******* terrifying. I'm so sorry op that this happened to you.

LittleMissShadow 16

I probably would've screamed if that happened to me..