By gracezering - 17/06/2014 11:45 - United States - Jeffersonville

Spicy
Today, I went to CVS to buy some tampons. The cashier said, "Ewwww... You're on your period." FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 603
You deserved it 7 278

gracezering tells us more.

I'm the OP and the cashier was a female. I know! Wtf, right??

Top comments

That's quite rude and invasive for someone who is just supposed to be quiet and ring you up

softviking 12

Some people should not work as cashiers...

Comments

That's quite rude and invasive for someone who is just supposed to be quiet and ring you up

Yep. Periods must bloody suck especially when stuff like this happens.

#10, still can't tell if the pun was intended or not

the proper response for the cashier is to not say anything at all and do their job.

Demig0d6 14

Did you beat the bloody hell out of him?

Should've complained to the manager instead of posting on here.

I'm a part time cashier and hate it when customers tell me things about their life that I have no reply to

They were just buying tampons, not talking to them....

fffianist 9

103 - I don't know where you work, or indeed if you've ever worked as a cashier, but where I work you'd be fired in no time if all your transactions were spent mutely staring at the customer.

#1The cashier is paid to be around people he shouldn't act like that #2 you don't have to be on your period to buy tampons just saying

I'm going on a whim here... But is it possible that the cashier was just BLOODY making a joke? I found the intrusive comment moderately PAINFUL but could OP just have FLOWED with it and joked back? Perhaps I am being too RED faced about this.

I worked as a cashier all throughout high school and I know you would be fired for making dumb comments to the customers! A "hello, how are you? *smile*... Thank you, have a good day! *smile*" would be more than sufficient ALLLL DAY LONG!

#137 actually I have worked as a cashier. I should've stated in my comment that the job for cashiers is to do their job and not say anything insensitive or not say anything at all except for the instances when you have to talk to the customer for example "how may I help you?, would you like paper or plastic?, etc."

It's not like she talked about it :/ she simple BOUGHT tampons because she needed them.. She didn't want a response, especially one like that!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
kingdomgirl94 29

Uh, why does OP's personality suck? Because she's on her period? If that's what you think, we now know that you're part of the sucking all the time group.

As down voted as this comment is, your picture is a perfect reply for OP.

His profile pic does say, "Go **** Yourself" so he might be in the asshole group.

I suppose you thought that was terribly clever...

I think #2 is trying to say that OP isn't perfect (her personality only sucks sometimes) but at least she isn't like the cashier who is clearly an asshole all the time

#120 how would he know that? It was obviously a period comment. Otherwise it doesn't even make any sense to say that

Obviously. That's the only thing that makes sense. We better not get his opinion on this, because it's definitely attacking women. The only other thing it could mean is that sometimes people are mean, but that isn't it, because then he's not attacking women, so that's not it.

softviking 12

Some people should not work as cashiers...

newnightsky 5

This is why im self-conscious about buying hygiene products. .

Don't worry. It's something every girl deals with. Any guy who looks weirdly at it is ignorant.

I'm sorry, but weren't you the one that just said, " Ew "?

martin8337 35

tell him "its none of your business and it is as close as you'll get to 'it'"

Why the hell would he ever want to get "close to it"???

i meant that is as close as the cashier is going to get to sex if hes that immature guess i gave people the wrong idea

That was really immature and rude of him, sorry op

By all rights they just gave you an excuse to bite their head of

Maccaroney 11
jad0016 12

I don't think he/she knows what they asked for its not good to be rude to a girl on her period

*its not good to be rude to a girl, period. Or anyone, for that matter...

Ask them what thier return policy is. That should get a fun reaction.

rockbandaddict85 22

omg! absolutely hilarious! best comment yet!

inner_peace 19

I don't think the cashier would be able to handle that lol

cvs will refund anything you're unhappy with, used or not. my manager once refunded a pregnancy test after a customer used the employee bathroom to pee on it because she didn't like the results.

the cashier was extremely rude and immature. if op acted the same way, how would that make the situation better?

I think 'Ew' is the proper response to #11's comment