By Broke - 04/12/2013 08:27 - United States - The Colony

Today, I went to an ATM to see how much money I had in my account. I put the card in. It never gave it back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 967
You deserved it 4 122

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Call the number on the machine dude! They all have a sticker with it...it takes like an hour for someone to arrive. I do have to say though, if you're "broke" (as mentioned in the name) because it ate your card, then maybe it's a sign that you shouldn't take money out so much...

ATM's need to eat too! Sometimes its rough for them, with people always taking their money and never giving it back... :(

Comments

KayleeFrye 39

Not a big deal, OP. Call or go to the bank ASAP. Problem solved. That happened to me once. It was fixed within 10 minutes.

ATM's need to eat too! Sometimes its rough for them, with people always taking their money and never giving it back... :(

I guess you won't be buying something anytime soon.

Did it say it was because you had no money? Because thieves can put fake fronts on the outside or the card reader so it keeps your card, then they go and retrieve it later. I hope it was just the bank but you might wanna check...

I hate ATMs that take your card. Why do they still let those types of ATMs roam free.

Where I come from, it's a miracle to have the card come out immediately. You put the card in, expecting the greedy machine to hold on to it. Just call the bank, they'd fix it as soon as they can.

ZY1431 24

I didn't know it was possible. I'd call the bank asap.

Had this happen to me right before going on vacation a few years ago. All because the stupid bank wanted me to switch from an ATM card to a debit card.

perdix 29

The machine took one look at your balance and realized you couldn't afford the card-having fee, the balance-looking-at fee, the receipt-preparation fee, the receipt-do-you-want? fee (if yes, a receipt-printing fee), the electricity surcharge and the card-return fee. So, it kept you card ... for free!!

cheshirecat13242 32

It kept the card for free? Wow, it must've waived the "card reclamation fee"

aubama_fml 15

You didn't have enough on you account to draw some money :)