By Doglover - 02/11/2017 14:00

Today, I went jogging. It was cold but I dressed lightly because I overheat when I exercise. Unfortunately, I locked myself out. My wife returned four hours later to find me spooning our dog in the doghouse to keep from freezing to death. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 907
You deserved it 949

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm more concerned that the dog was kept outside if it was truly cold enough to freeze to death ...

I'm guessing you'll be hiding a spare key from now on? I'll never understand why people don't have a key they can access "just in case." My family used to keep one in the shed, in a toolbox. Hidden, but easy to get to if needed. And if it's that freaking cold, maybe take your dog inside too, yeah?

Comments

Next time, make sure you have your key with you before you go. And if it's that cold, your dog should not be outside for hours on end. Put your dog inside.

Donut_Wizard 23

I'm sure the dog was thrilled to have the company.

chessu 21

I mean yeah sucks to be you, but I am sure there must've been some sort of civilisation or a passerby who you could've gone for help, whether for warmth or to borrow the phone to ring your wife.

I suppose that was as good an excuse as any when she caught you.;)

lolapears 2

You could've just kept running.

That doesn't actually stave off hypothermia in the long run. Not only would OP burn more calories running than staying still to preserve heat in a shelter, but the sweat would result in their temperature dropping even faster. They could also wind up dehydrated from it, which is a really bad combination with any kind of temperature irregularity.

You better watch out or your dog is going to sue you for breaking and entering and sexual assault.

tarabella 7

i think this should really be your wifes FML because there is no way she didn't piss herself laughing when she found you

Matthew Irmen 11

You deserved it. If it is cold enough for you to freeze to death then why is your dog outside for you to spoon? Obviously, you might have considered exercising yourself and your dog to an unlocked heated home with a phone to call your wife

tounces7 27

So, nobody considered the possibility he may have been jogging WITH The dog? People do that, you know.

Fair enough. That didn't occur to me. But he still deserves it for not making sure he had his key before he left.