By kaichennnxx - 17/03/2009 02:09 - United States

Today, I was with my grandma waiting in a line. She only speaks Chinese and there was a black man in front of us talking his phone. My grandma tells me that the black man's really loud and annoying. The man finishes and turns and said fluently in Chinese, "What's wrong with loud black men?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 246
You deserved it 31 949

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wow hardly anyone can speak chinese fluently nowadays.

You know it sounds like Mr. Black man was more annoyed by the fact that granma specifically mentioned that he was black. My grandma doesnt speak English either and she would have said the exact same thing. Has anyone seen that "Professor Badass" picture that floats around the net? Thats the picture I have in my mind for this guy.

Comments

Isn't that more of an FML for your grandma?

PhilipTheDeacan 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
22cute 17

I think that's great! Now, your Grandma has someone to talk to while she waits. I'm sure he didn't really care about the comment.

Something tells me the grandma didn't care.

ouch, ripped. you should've just pretended you didn't know her :)

wow hardly anyone can speak chinese fluently nowadays.

lol my cousin is black but he can also speak chinese fluently. its pretty funny to watch chinese people's reactions when he talks in chinese

summerguy97 16

Yeah, you know, except for the few billion Chinese people.

1.5 billion."Few" is an overstatement.

#177 I can't stop laughing, nailed it xD

You know it sounds like Mr. Black man was more annoyed by the fact that granma specifically mentioned that he was black. My grandma doesnt speak English either and she would have said the exact same thing. Has anyone seen that "Professor Badass" picture that floats around the net? Thats the picture I have in my mind for this guy.

metro_mello 0

Omg tell em why I did too! I had that exact picture yet Ive never seen professor badass lol well until now. To op: People should just stop talking about other people in their normal language because 9 times out of 10 the person speaks that language too. People are very into languages these days :) I can speak chinese too yay :) I feel so included into the group haha

Paradoxasaurus 0

Professor Badass does not have a phone. He merely whispers his messages to the person next to him and everyone repeats it until it gets to the intended destination. People have died.

131- are you aware of how ridiculous your comment is? "people should just stop talking in their normal languages"... How about you should stop spewing useless nonsense.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
BusinessTurtle 8

You probably missed the part when it was mentioned that his grandma only speaks Chinese

I'm pretty sure they got that part. The point is to not speak bad about other people. Even if you're speaking a different language. Its really annoying when people speak in a different language as if its some secret language no one knows. People CAN hear and they DO understand what others are saying. Even if they didn't, that's no excuse to say rude things about others, especially in their presence. It can be really hurtful.

This sounds a lot like the FML yesterday or the day before about someone calling someone ugly in Swedish and she replied in Swedish, go to hell.

#6 He was probably just annoyed in general and mocking her. If she'd said she was annoyed with a loud blonde dude he probably would have said that. Black people aren't always as pissy when someone brings up color as most people assume. That said, LOL. I got a Korean woman like that. Don't assume people don't know your language!

#7, RTFP. Her grandma ONLY speaks Chinese. That being said, if somebody were being loud and/or obnoxious in front of me, I have no qualms with commenting about it. I'd comment in English, myself. Who cares if he heard you? It's better that he did, and your life is not ****** because of it. That being said, this is probably BS. I don't think Chinese is a very popular in white communities let alone black communities. And if he was so well learned as to know more than one language fluently, he probably wasn't really that annoying.