By Anonymous - 02/03/2018 19:00

Today, I was put on academic suspension only to find out my professor entered my grade wrong. I lost my financial aid and have to explain to my parents why I’m not in college anymore. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 559
You deserved it 279

Same thing different taste

Top comments

One grade kicked you out? Sounds like you had a few more and this was just the one that put you over. Either way you need to reach out to your parents.

this is when you work at explaining things or sue

Comments

this is when you work at explaining things or sue

One grade kicked you out? Sounds like you had a few more and this was just the one that put you over. Either way you need to reach out to your parents.

boopingsnoot 24

Financial Aid is always looking to give kids the boot. One friend of mine moved back into the dorms, bought his books, and two weeks into the semester Financial Aid was all like, "oh, you weren't supposed to be approved, try again when your GPA gets better."

Oh I know. Your parents do decent (middle class) financially and you get next to nothing.

I had financial aid make me redo my application 3 times and keep making stuff up for me to do, I went through this for 3 months, finally started school and was still trying to get it settled. I finally had to drop out. They approved me a week after I dropped out even though I stopped doing all the ridiculous things they came up with for me to do. One of the things they wanted was my mom to write out a budget accounting for every single penny she earned and they wanted it notarized.

This is why they tell you to keep all of your graded assignments. If have them, it should be a simple matter of shieing them to your professor to get him to change your grade. You should be able to get a grade correction sent to your financial aid through your schools administration office. They should also be able to rejoice your academic probation. Don't give up.

I don’t like to wave the bullshit flag on FML, but this story is preposterous. Your school surely has a grade appeal process, and if it’s just a clerical error, your professor can easily correct it. There must be a lot more to this.

That should be able to be corrected and you be reinstated.

ladi_jay 7

Honestly it could happen. I was in a similar situation I was so traumatized from a close sudden death that was close to me that my first year grades were terrible. I wrote a letter and was placed on academic probation but was able to return the following year. I did great, I worked hard and gave it my all and it paid off....but by the end of the year, because of my freshman year my new grades barely counteracted the damage I did and I was still placed on academic probation even though I did really well my sophomore year.

I think that's the most expensive mistake I've ever heard...

hmmmmmmmmmm... You'd think that kinda thing would be checked... Like, reeeeally think it.

Uh... surely somewhere there is proof that it wasn't your fault and you can be reinstated with your financial aid. You shouldn't be punished for someone else's screw up.

If your professor made a mistake, shouldn't s/he fix it to ensure your suspension is lifted and your financial aid restored?