By lebowski101 - 03/11/2011 01:45 - Canada

Today, I was invited to a party to celebrate my ex-fiancée's recent engagement. The party is at work, because my ex is also my boss. Her new fiancée is some guy she met while on a "business trip" that happened while we were still engaged. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 893
You deserved it 3 014

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Once a cheater, always a cheater. Sounds to me like you dodged a bullet.

Mister_Triangle 21

No amount of free cake will distract you from the pain. Stay home and use your credit card irresponsibly; you'll forget about everything

Comments

indielove 13

If the pain is still there, simply don't show up.

fthislyfe 22

The first fiance should be FIANCEE! It made me so confused. I thought OP's a girl and then her ex fiance went gay and met a guy and then it says SHE met him and then my brain is fked.

What a bitch. You'll find someone better.

OP, just sit back an laugh at the poor bastard. If she did it once, she'll probably do it again.

hilary56 0

Yeah I hope you declined the invite. And if she still goes on business trips that marriage won't even last.

Re-read the FML. It is at his work. He can't not show up. Fired or whine?

Mister_Triangle 21

No amount of free cake will distract you from the pain. Stay home and use your credit card irresponsibly; you'll forget about everything

And once you get home, drown yourself in Ben&Jerry's, switch on the radio, wear your fro wig and party :) it helps.

Llama_Face89 33

18- change the ice cream to alcohol and it sounds like a plan.

Says the man with the forever alone meme as a pic xD

Hey, you ****** her first so you still won!

And make sure you remind her of that at the party!

Euhm, I don't know about you guys, but I really don't read in the FML that OP was her first boyfriend. So he probably didn't **** her first. So he lost. Again.

stacianichole 2

36 - OP ****** her first, as in, before the new fiancé. Not chronologically her first **** ever.

Once a cheater, always a cheater. Sounds to me like you dodged a bullet.

At the wedding, stand up and make a speech and say "I'm so happy for you guys, looks like I dodged a bullet!"

FYLDeep 25

So I'm guessing she dumped you and not the other way around.

More than likely seeing how she had someone else inside her while in a committed relationship

FYLDeep 25

Now you're making an assumption. She could have very well dumped her boyfriend before starting a new relationship.

poorjudgement 26

#14 good point, that is exactly what I was thinking. I could be that she simply realized she is attracted to the new person and to be honest, decided to break up with op.

True, it was a good point. But in favor of drama, we will have to go with that she was a cheating *****. Makes things more interesting for all.

poorjudgement 26
Portalcc 4

I'm sure it says this happened while they were engaged...

FYLDeep 25

Just says that they met, nothing about hooking up whatsoever.

It's okay, her new fiancé gets YOUR sloppy seconds. On to the next one...

AllyCat23 9

That really sucks for you but usually you can't help it when you meet "the one" she should have broken it off with you before going after him though

Maybe you should share all of your sex stories about you and your ex with the fiancé at the party. It'll be a good way to break the ice.