By failingyetagain - 20/07/2015 22:17 - United Kingdom - Barrow Upon Soar

Today, I was doing my first shift waitressing in a café. Not an hour in, I'd already spilt tea over somebody and dropped two whole meals. Looks like this won't last much longer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 321
You deserved it 4 513

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You have to crack a few eggs to make an omelette.

olpally 32

Probably one of the harder customer service jobs to do. just keep at it OP, we all have to start somewhere. Just fight through it.

Comments

You have to crack a few eggs to make an omelette.

If there's any good time to use that metaphor, now was definitely the best.

Eggs, you crack eggs, not plates. Do not crack plates to make omelet. They don't taste good.

olpally 32

Probably one of the harder customer service jobs to do. just keep at it OP, we all have to start somewhere. Just fight through it.

Slow and steady OP. Slow and steady. If you find yourself anxious and rushing, make it a point to slow down. Better to be a couple of seconds slower than to keep spilling and dropping things.

It's a right of passage in the industry.

You'll learn, OP. Seems like nobody does amazing on the first day. We all make rookie mistakes. You'll become better at your job and not make those mistakes. Best of luck!

nesteremily 31

Most employers know that people will mess up when they first begin their job. If they don't know that then you probably don't want to be working there anyway.

corky1992 33

agreed! I recently got fired due to a mess up during my first 90 days at a job. it was bullshit, but you're right. I'm better off without them if they can't handle people making a mistake while they're still learning.

tantanpanda 26

Then again, if OP gets fired, there's always retail...

Everybody makes mistakes, especially at a new job! This will get easier, good luck (:

You were probably just nervous! As time goes on it should get easier.

iPixelCheese 19

Not the best first day huh? Hopefully you can keep your job and do better

ProximityToDeath 20

Never underestimate jobs, people make things look easy when in reality they really hit you like a slap to the face. Just keep trying and you will get better. After all, practice makes perfect. Soon you will be the one making it look easy.

hipposteve 21

Chin up, it can only get better!