By WTF is all I ask - 27/07/2012 23:55 - United States - Mcallen

Today, I was at the mall, when I saw an elderly lady drop her groceries, so I rushed over to help her pick them up. She took one look at me, called me a "Liberal bastard," and shouted for me to get away from her before she called the cops. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 389
You deserved it 2 491

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ObsessedWithGays 7

One thing I've learned from this website is to never help elderly people pick up their groceries.

****** crazy old ladies... People are ridiculous these days

Comments

ObsessedWithGays 7

One thing I've learned from this website is to never help elderly people pick up their groceries.

Never try to help anyone..never...ever

An old lady in Texas hates liberals? Well paint me red and call me Daisy, 'cuz NOW I've heard everything!

My brother picked up an old lady's groceries that she dropped along the railroad tracks. She said thanks but then later found him, gave him a thank you card and $50. It's not always bad to help people. It's better off to help and get rejected than to walk away without helping. You never know, you might need their help one day.

I've learned never to help old people pick up anything, as mean as that sounds. They just get the wrong idea and assume our generation is all full of shit. Ah, gotta love old people!

26, okay, but I think you're referring to #1, in the case that you are, #1's comment was a joke, and not actually telling people to not help out old ladies or there would be serious consequences.

I learned from this site that you should never help people. It will backfire.

Haha, I have noticed a lot of people helping and getting yelled at for doing so. I say, keep helping because you never know when someone really does need the help. Actually, if I think about it, I feel that old people trust women way more than men. I'm sure some people won't agree but I've never been yelled at and I'm 28.

63 - I agree. Everyone in society has pre-made perspectives on people based on their gender, age and ethnicity. Politeness and kindness is associated with females, and males are genuinely known for being rude and untrustworthy. These are simple stereotypes, but they are strictly enforced to keep everyone conformed. I've just finished my Sociology course, yet it is lodged in my brain forever :(

Ok, RULE NUMBER ONE OF TEXAS: NEVER go near old people THEY BITE (and sharpen their false teeth)

I was going to say exactly this when I read this FML.

doctorhook86 - I'll paint you red and call you a commie.

88: Go ahead and try, if you think you can handle Nick Fury.

31, our generation IS mostly full of shit.

****** crazy old ladies... People are ridiculous these days

On any other website, this would have devolved into an angry thread about politics. I like FML.

You said it, 2. This one guy called the cops because his sandwich didn't contain mayonnaise. I'm starting to loose faith in this world...

Woah gram gram needs an attitude adjustment

Laby_fml 9

It's always the old ladies starting something. Maybe the right thing to do is to let them pick up their own groceries for now on.

But then they'll complain about the youth not taking enough care of their elderly. So it seems like a lose-lose situation

Were you wearing some sort of T-shirt with a liberal statement on it?

OP was a hipster. I wouldn't want him judging my "mainstream food" either.

I know, right? Who needs Fruit Loops when you can have Vegetable Squares?

"It's a very obscure breakfast cereal; you wouldn't have heard of it."

Kefka91 15

44, your pic made me read that in Samuel L Jackson's voice. Thank you, I needed a good laugh.

51: Happy to oblige. I aim to entertain!

boredblonde 17

There are like 20 FMLs where a decent person tries to help the elderly and they end up with their ass kicked instead

Hell, in this world, people would probably get a reward for stealing the groceries instead.

B3Y0ND 3

The reward would be free groceries.

Get the **** away then. If she wants to be an asshole then those groceries are her problem now.

Mister_Triangle 21

Technically, they were her problem to begin with...

perdix 29

You are fostering a culture of dependency on the Nanny State. If you were a proper Texas conservative, you would have punched her in the mouth and stolen all the groceries you could carry. That's the only way she'll learn to hold her groceries!

I just lost an entire mouthful of beer because of your comment. It was good beer, too. I want to be angry with you SO much, but I just can't stop laughing long enough to!

What a ******* bitch. You can't help anyone these days without getting yelled at.

PhishloverA 14
olpally 32

Love the username op... Lol... Just another senile old ungrateful bitch... This happens way too often. :/

mas1995 12

I don't know why politics have to be brought into everything these days.