By thatwasmiz - 08/04/2009 06:38 - United States

Today, I was at a gay bar and asking a really convincing drag queen about her daily routine. I asked how she tucked her penis in. She responded, "Um, I'm a woman." I said, "Oh I'm sorry, are you pre-op or post-op?" She said, "No, I always have been and always will be a woman, asshole." FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 554
You deserved it 78 932

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aren't those extremely personal questions to be asking? Could we get a transgender/transvestite to weigh in on this discussion?

I clicked YDI, then FML. It's a bit of both, I'vegottaa say, some of them can be pretty damn convincing!

Comments

baseball154 0

she deserved it, that's part of the risk of a chick going to a gay bar lol duhh

Women can be gay too... What is there some sort of gay bar and then a lesbian bar now? ._.

unibrowicorn 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I clicked YDI, then FML. It's a bit of both, I'vegottaa say, some of them can be pretty damn convincing!

newguy_fml 0

Why was she in a gay bar? **** her, if she's a manly chick in a gay bar then she should be prepared

karafrickenmona 0

Chicks will go to gaybars to avoid guys hitting on them sometimes, when they just want to party with thier friends.

Aren't those extremely personal questions to be asking? Could we get a transgender/transvestite to weigh in on this discussion?

To #10, yes, those are extremely personal and upsetting questions for somebody who is transgender. It's perfectly possible this woman was transgender and pissed off by your remarks. No transwoman wants to be told that it's obvious that they're trans. Your questions about her penis, whether or not she has one, was very rude. Also the whole "pre-op or post-op?" question is also pretty rude. Some trans people choose not to have full surgery, some do, it doesn't make their gender identity less valid. A lot of people finding it upsetting to be asked things about their body parts, what their 'birth' name is, etc. And I know this from spending some time in the LGBTQ* community, going to gay bars, making friends and listening rather than asking deeply personal questions. Most people who frequent gay bars should know these things so as to make everybody else who frequents feel as safe as possible. YDI, OP!

Oh FFS. Tips for the future: 1) Don't ask someone who is trans if they're pre- or post-op. It's sexual harassment and none of your ****ing business. 2) Just don't ask anyone about their genitalia unless you're very likely to soon be sleeping with them. Same as above applies. Basically, in the situation above, it would be perfectly reasonable for anyone - transwoman, drag queen or cisgender woman - to have you thrown out.