By gumless - 02/05/2012 15:19 - United States

Today, I tried whitening my teeth with an off-brand product. It didn't whiten my teeth, but it did burn parts of my gums off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 307
You deserved it 7 688

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If it dissolves your gums just think of what it might be doing to those teeth of yours...

KnightAngela1109 10

Guess you can never have white enough gums

Comments

snnoell_18 1

what, you DON'T whiten with clorox?

You're supposed to use whitening strips, not gurgle liquid bleach in your mouth...

Do you remember like 7 years ago when they had those strips of tape with toothpaste on them so you could brush your teeth on the go? That had to be the most stupid thing our society has came up with. It looked like you were rubbing your teeth with a condom.

46...why are you correcting something that isn't wrong?

#46 - Ah, the beautiful moment when a Grammar Nazi fails. It's truly a wonderful site.

xStaciexLynnx 15

58- ^ Think (s)he meant site like website. Double irony.

#58 - irony.* You forgot the full-stop. Come at me.

Mommyof2_91 10

I use Listerine plus whitening mouthwash, you use it as a pre rinse (brush your teeth afterwards.) It works and so far I haven't heard any complaints about it.

Mother of god it was sarcasm people! Recognize it

88- I use it to but the taste makes me gag. It contains hydrogen peroxide :(

Mommyof2_91 10

Yea it does taste bad, but it beats having your gums burning. Once I brush my teeth it doesn't bother me so I find it worth it. Especially since a lot of whitening strips I have tried have the same flavor, and they sit in your mouth longer. So I think they are a lot worse in my opinion.

KnightAngela1109 10

Guess you can never have white enough gums

That is one mouth-dropping mental image. But seriously that's pretty gross.

No dip 30, that's why she said it -_-

KnightAngela1109 10
MizzErikaHart 8

"No dip" lol I'm gonna start saying that..

just make sure the gel doesnt touch ur gums, may prove slightly difficult for some brands.. but it will save ur pretty pink gums... side note floss :)

If it dissolves your gums just think of what it might be doing to those teeth of yours...

Note to self name brand may be more expensive but at least it doesn't burn my gums. Thanks for the lesson OP. sorry about your gums though.

snnoell_18 1

brush those teeth next time...don't whiten!

theevilduchess 12

Who needs gums when you got teeth like these!?!

You need gums to hold your teeth in your mouth...so yea, they are needed.

I'm pretty sure he was joking. >.>

lucy_lue 9

Deeda- You actually don't. Your teeth are held in by the fact that they are imbedded in your skull.

Lucy-lue- hope you aren't being serious- teeth are held in by the periodontal ligament (aka gums) attaching to the alveolar bone. If the teeth are "imbedded" into the skull you've got serious issues (ankylosis) and should probably get that sorted

theevilduchess 12

I was joking... But thank you for that lesson in oral anatomy.

Oh no- I realised *you* were joking- I was hoping Lucy_lue was joking when she attempted to correct someone

theevilduchess 12

Sorry pigeon I was talking about 13. But since we are talking now, how are you today?

I'm very well thank you :) How are you?

tony1891 22

use Colgate. less irritating to your gums. and it whitens your grill.

RedPillSucks 31

Whitens my grill? How does it do with my gums? I'll deal with my car later.

I'd rather cook my steak with the conventional black color.

KiddNYC1O 20

Similar effects of intense mouthwash.